Friday, 20 May 2011

What's Rocking My World This Friday!


Hello Friday!
Friday being the day I stop for a moment to reflect on the things for which I am grateful.

***
1

Rosie Mae.
Darling family dog.


Darling wedge-shaped family dog, 
here seen at the top of the stairs in favourite guarding position.

We are being guarded by a deaf, mostly blind elderly family dog.

Thank you, darling girl.

x

2

Mmmmmmmm.

They're just milk chocolate but they kinda look like a Rolo.  
So easy to eat (secretly, he he) and also easier to limit yourself to one or two rather than stuffing a whole bar.

I've just made some chocolate muffins, and I popped a Choco in the middle of each one for a gooey chocolate centre.  

Yum.

x

3

I found the recipe for the Lemon Crunch Drizzle Cake.
DD Hope and I have made a couple now and we have been perfecting the crunch part of it.

It is so delicious.....



Now this isn't my photo but it looked just like this (I must photograph it quicker next time - I turned my back and it was eaten!), I nabbed it from 
which is where I found the recipe.
I've used even more sugar and lemon juice on the top for the crunchy drizzle.

x

4

DS Luke is in love.
I can't say too much but it's so lovely to see 
him walking on air.


We have yet to meet the young lady of his dreams.........

x

5

DH Grant

We had a super day out yesterday when we went to Cranbrook.
We had a wander around and a bit of lunch in the sunshine, which was lovely.

I've been suffering with a monster headache for a couple of days, and he has been so sweet trying to keep me from doing anything more than I absolutely have to.


I wanted to show you a nice photo of Grant 
and I love this one of him.
But the photo always makes me laugh.  
It was taken a couple of years ago on the lake at Hever.  There's DD Hope and DH Grant smiling for the camera, and then in the middle...........
there's Luke.  
Luke always pulls stupid faces when the camera comes out, so it serves him right that I'm now sharing this one with you!

It's also fairly typical that he's the only one not doing any of the work (apart from his mother who is screaming that she is going to drown and so has to hold on with both hands!)

XXX

I'd better go and sort out some lunch now.  
Grant and I are going to do some lopping and tidying in the garden this afternoon and it looks like it might rain so we'd better get on with it.

You know the set up by now,
I'll pop over to Virginia to link this post with her Rocking Friday post and then later I'll be visiting the other Rockers to see what's been good about their week.

Have a lovely weekend.

20 comments:

craftattack said...

Sounds like you had a good week. I love the pics and description of your dog *wedge shaped*! Havea great weekend, Valerie

Fiona Whitehead said...

Hi Joanna - I've not been crafting for ages!!!! Love reading about your Friday values - aha - I spied chocolate - pop by my blog to see my choccy endeavours! lol

Fiona Whitehead said...

PS - just noticed your books - I'm about to start the Phillipa Gregory one looking forward to that and I'm struggling with the Long Song - I've even read two other books while I've been reading it which I never ever do. How did you find it? I read her last one but find this one very slow x

Jane Wetzel said...

what an awesome blog...full of inspiration! glad to be your newest follower... :)

Susan T said...

Dear Rosie Mae atta girl. Cake looks scrumptious. Must make one, guest for the weekend!

Love the family shot - good luck to Luke with the new girlie. Paddy has yet to take the plunge.

Let me know if he starts tidying his room!!

Have a great weekend lovely girl - hope the sun comes out.

XXX

sugar Creek said...

Oh my I have one that does that too with the pictures. Go have a look on my blog and you'll see some! Maybe it's just cause they are boys and getting their picture taken is "beyond" them!!Lol! Have fun doing some gardening!!!
xx

Scrappy Grams said...

My youngest son is like Luke. Maybe he'll grow out of it, and maybe not because my youngest is 41! :D Well, we love them any way. I love seeing your delightful family.

Serenata said...

Such a lovely way to sum up the week. Aren't boys just delightful creatures! ;-)

Have a great weekend...I'm just off to have a look at that recipe!

bad penny said...

lovely post Jo Have a great weekend

SusieJ said...

Lovely list of gratefuls Joanna. Hugs to Rosie Mae (great description!) Max takes up a similar position half way up the stairs - hedging his bets when one of us is upstairs and the other down!lol
Great pics of cake and Grant.
Have a good weekend.
Hugs xx

Heavens2Betsy said...

Fab post Jo. You sound very jolly. Rosie Mae is such a cutey ... I bet she'd still do you proud if the need arose. Hope you get to me Luke's GF soon ... blimey, a job and a lady friend ... how very grown up! In our house we call such cake Lemon Grizzle cake because thats what 5 year old Louis thought it was called. Yours looks delish but sadly, is banned from my lips for forseeable. Tomorrow is Rowans 15th birthday .... I am ecstatic because this year, I managed not to scalp him! Have a lovely weekend. pen x

Negerigeletschtempoit said...

What a precious family you have, Joanna! It feels my heart with joy to know that you are a happy lady; have a great husband, a precious daughter, a funny son and a sweet dog. Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

I hope your headache goes away soon.
Love ya!

Mary C. Nasser said...

LOVE this post of gratefulness!
Rosie Mae looks like a real sweetheart, too!

So glad I found you through the miz kate dot com Artist blog hop!
I am your newest blog follower. :)
Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

Best,
Mary C. Nasser
http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

Virginia said...

Ooh I'm loving the numbering, the cake looks divine, the idea of that chocolate in a muffin sounds amazing. Love the photo! Rosie Mae is awesome in her guarding position! Hope you managed some gardening this afternoon! Just having a quick hop around while DH is showering - hurray he's home!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

lovely post, Joanna. I always enjoy reading & smiling & giggling and oohing & ahhing over your artwork too. . . thank you!

Irish3 said...

Sweet Rosie Mae! Well, It sounds like all is well in your home, nice to hear! Maybe you can post pictures of your garden once you get it finished. I love most things about this time of year aside from weeds, and weeding.. but good luck with yours!! Kiss for Rosie!

missy k said...

Great post Jo

I love the photo! Maybe you should take one of Luke now... 'lurved up' and walking on air - he might smile :)

Hope your headache has gone.

Love Kx

trisha too said...

What a great post, Joanna--you have a lovely weekend, too, sweetie!

:)

Carmen said...

Lemon drizzle is one of my all time favourite cakes and so easy to make! Nommers! (It shares space with Carrot cake and Dundee as my favourites!)

Love that bottom pic - one to share with the new girlfriend? Wonfder why you haven't met her yet? Hahaha!

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Jo,
I hope you had a lovely weekend. Love all that you shared, but especially the photo of your beautiful family. Having two boys, I can relate, one of them is always making that face.
enJOY a great week,
Kim