Monday, 13 June 2011

Postman's Knock - sent and received.


It was my turn to produce a postcard for Cathy
with her chosen theme of
'TEA'.


This was my fourth and final attempt having;

1. Tried to be too clever
2. Tried to be too simple
3. Tried to use an image that didn't work
4. Final attempt, Thursday night - it had to do!

The tea cup and saucer came out a bit paler 
than I would have chosen but I'd run out of time.


I had this tea cup 'left over' so did a little bit of 
Mail Art to send the postcard
on its way.  The background is an 
original 1950's problem page.
How sweet, the worries of 'courting' couples.

*

My chosen theme for others to create for me is, 
as you're probably aware by now,
'Yee Ha, Ride 'em Cowboy!'
and this fun postcard is what Cathy sent to me.


That poor ol' cowboy doesn't look too happy to
be having dang beans for supper again.
And those beans look mighty real to me!


and on the back this link to Youtube, which is


"The Last Cowboy"
sung along to wonderful accompanying images of real 
cowboys living harsh, hard real cowboy lives.

Thank you, Cathy.  I'm lovin' your cowboy!

16 comments:

craftattack said...

Love what you made and received, but can't imagine living off baked beans again, was bad enough when I wa a student! Hugs, Valerie

daisy said...

Superb cuppa. Love how you've done the wording.

Virginia said...

Love all of these - including both your teacup layouts - brilliant stuff!

Susan T said...

Ah the great Urbani has been at it again. I love the wording you have chosen for this one Jo, touching.

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Love what you did with the tea cup Jo :)
..and yes, those beans do look kinda real!
What a cool trade.
Jan x

SusieJ said...

Loving your teacup Joanna and a great sentiment too.
The cowboy is wonderful - those beans do look real!
Hugs xx

bad penny said...

Very pretty teacup postcard Jo & Cathy's take on your theme is a lot of fun !

sugar Creek said...

Love your teacup!
Yes paint pens, they work so well. They are like a marker but it's paint. I got mine from Wal-mart and Hobby Lobby!

missy k said...

You got there in the end!!! I love your pretty pink postcard.

Great fun cowboy postcard.... cowboys and beans ...of course!!!!

Tracy said...

I am so impressed by your artwork and creativity. I wouldn't even know where to begin with a project such as yours...great work!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jo,
love your tea cup postcard!It came out beautifully.The beans on the
card do look so real - wonder how she did it!
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Marie

Irish3 said...

I would be happy to pick up your tea postcard in my mailbox! I like the soft colors, I'm sure your swap partner will be happy with it as well. I know what you mean though about not feeling happy with something once it's done if it doesn't look how I had pictured it in my head. I hope you're having a good week, pat for Rosie!

Nathalie Thompson said...

I Think BOTH of your teacups are brilliant! I may have to send you a cowboy postcard, "just because".
:)

Carmen said...

I cannot BELIEVE how well behaved people have been with your theme! Not one piece of naughtiness you aren't showing us?

Love your tea one. If that's your 'it'll have to do' image, goodness knows what your perfect one would have been like!

Relyn said...

Lucky Cathy!

Steph said...

I have to love this!!! beautiful background and love love your collage journey... :)))