Friday, 10 June 2011

What's Rocking My World This Friday!


Hello to Friday
and welcome to my list of good things from the week.

***
Sometimes, it's only when something is taken away that
you realize how much you take it for granted.
One evening this week was an example of this when 
we had a series of power cuts.


It only lasted a few hours but I couldn't read (easily), 
blog, craft, watch tv, cook, iron etc etc.
I went to bed and caught up on some beauty sleep
and I was very pleased when all was 
back to normal in the morning.

*
Grant and I enjoyed a day out yesterday
 when we went to
The Wealden Times Midsummer Fair.



There were lots of stalls selling gorgeous vintage things, jewellery, clothing, 'stuff' for the home, 
food, and other lovely things.
It was all very pretty at a beautiful location, 
near Tenterden, in Kent.


One day we WILL have chickens......



It was lovely to meet Amanda, who was with 
her gorgeous stall selling her beautiful handmade 
jewellery and quirky vintage themed goodies and cards.
(She has a blog called Maygreen Fairies).



We bought this delightful bird feeder, made from 
an original tea cup and saucer.
I love that this one was from the Queen's coronation.
Deirdre, from Riley Coyote Creations, 
has made her own and one day I plan to make some for myself, but in the meantime I'm going to 
enjoy this one made for me.


I also bought these wooden carved stamps.  
My favourite is the one at the top.

Grant and I sat on straw bales in the sun and 
enjoyed the tastiest burgers EVER,
washed down with fresh cloudy apple juice.  
Yum.

*

I am really looking forward to taking part in......


Kristin (click on her name for more details) 
from the 'Twinkle Twinkle' blog
is kindly running this FREE 10 week blog party.
Every week Kristin will set a colour prompt
and you can create whatever you want 
(she gives a list of ideas on her blog)
using that prompt, 
and then post about it giving her your post link.
I have decided that I will do mine in a
Moleskine Plain Journal,
9cm  x 14cm.

The first colour prompt is 'BLUE'.

*

DD Hope is going to give me a lesson this weekend in
 how to use my new camera.


It isn't a posh expensive camera like lots of you lucky girls have but it's better than the one I have
been using (this new one has more mega pixels 
which is, apparently, a good thing).
I don't really 'do' instructions, so Hope's read them 
and she's going to pass on her wisdom to me.
He he, she is rather useful.

*

I'm really pleased for Luke, who sat his 
History 'A' level today.
He's very happy how it went and thinks he did as well as he could,which is all I want to hear, whatever the result.

Next week he will be sitting his 'A' level Media paper, let's hope he comes out with the same positive reaction.

***

That's about it for today.
I'm going to leave the link for this post over with
and then I'll drop by the other Rockers to see 
what's been good about their weeks.

Have a lovely weekend.

XXX

24 comments:

Kath said...

Sounds like a lot of happiness all round x

Kristin said...

Your photos are beautiful (see, your camera's perfect ;) and the fair sounds wonderful! I would have LOVED to be there - it sounds like a perfect day.
Thank you too for playing along with The Summer of Color - I'm so happy to have you and look forward to seeing your journal. Thank you, Kristin xo

SusieJ said...

What a great day out Joanna - lovely things to look at and eat and Grant all to yourself. :)
Well done to Luke on his History A Level (DS is studying History in Bristol) and extra well done to Hope on reading the instructions - I have to do it in our house (David doesn't do instructions either).
Have a fab weekend.
Hugs xx

Myzdamena's World said...

Ooh I love that bird feeder... and your little empathy monster... I hug mine from Carmen in bed.. sorry, tmi .. *whistles*

I love seeing photos of 'outside' lol....

xxx

Virginia said...

Oh those print block stamps are gorgeous - glad you managed to catch up on your beauty sleep when crafting time was in a little short supply!

I love our fuji camera it's aweseome so I'm sure you'll have great fun with it - as a question (obviously to DD Hope) how many mega pixels does it have?

Will check out the blog link too - need something at the moment and am feeling a little blue today so that works - had some difficult family news to deal with! Hope you have a beautiful and blessed weekend!

craftattack said...

Sounds like you had a good week, except, perhaps for the power cuts! Hope the A levels all go well, I can still remember what a stress they were! Have a great weekend,
Hugs, Valerie

MaygreenFairies said...

Hi Joanna, Thank you so much for popping by my stall at the Fair it was so lovely to meet you, and a huge thank you for putting my details on your lovely blog. Hugs, Mandy x

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Jo,
Hoping that the merriment continues through the weekend.
enJOY,
Kim

ps-I just joined the fun at Twinkle Twinkle (because I haven't anything else I should be doing-right?)

Irish3 said...

Well, it seems like it was a busy and good week for you! The fair looks like it was so much fun!!! I was pleasantly surprised to see my blog on your blog! I love your bird feeder teacup!!! So sweet!! I hope the birds love it! Have a great weekend and I will see you around!!

missy k said...

Hi Jo

The fair sounds great.... and I love your teacup feeder.

Livi had her History exam today too and was moderately pleased with how it went. Don't think she wants to be over optimistic!!!

The boys have both had haircuts this week.... gone are the days when I took them off to the barbers. Woody has some rather cool hi lights :)

OK, off to bed for an early night. I have the sniffles!

Hope you all have a great weekend

Karenx

Miss Iowa said...

I feel so lost when the electricity goes out. Thankfully it doesn't happen too often. The teacup bird feeder cracks me up. I wonder what the Queen would think of that?

Marian said...

Joanna, Thanks for the link to lambsworld, I enjoyed her photos re. farmchicks. I love the coronation teacup feeder. Hope that you're having a great weekend.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Darling Jo ~
Lovely photos of a very lovely life!
I adore hearing all about it, from lights out to the fair (I must go check out your link ~ some pretties goodies I spied)and good luck in getting the chickens ( a lot of people in our part of the world is doing just that as well). Delightful posting as always! Blessings, me XX

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Oh I forgot to mention the stamps ~ they alone was worth the trip ~ very wonderful designs! <3

Lenna Young Andrews said...

I can't believe it is Friday again already, Joanna. Thank you for all your sweeeeet comments. I am grateful for you! xo lenna

Susan T said...

You always do such lovely things. I love your ' buys '. I am sure you will put those wooden stamps to very good use.

Hmm Paddy also thinks he did Ok in his Ancient History - quite how he managed it with little or no revision is beyond me, one day the penny will drop! I hope for his sake it is soon.

Heavens2Betsy said...

A wonderful week Jo! Your place looks lovely and cosy and one must remember how flattering candle light can be. I absolutely love the stamps you bought and have a case of the I wants now I've seen them. You made me laugh about Hope and instructions. I'm the same as you and Rowan does the same as Hope for me ... in fact he's my remote control cos I can't even manage the tele. I hope you do get chickens so I can ask you to tell me 'how to'. We'd really love to have some of our own one day. Your bird feeder is fabulous. Sorry to disappoint, but my greenhouse really does only contain toms and no illegal substances whatsoever - honestly Guvnor!

Negerigeletschtempoit said...

Another great week, Joanna. I am happy for you. And I do envy you having Hope to teach you how to work your neat camera! You go, girl!!!

Have a great weekend!
Love ya!

bad penny said...

Blimey, I thought I was in a scene from Midsommer Murders at that fayre!
Used to LOVE powercuts when we were kids - played ' murder in the dark '
Well done to Luke. Jess's A's will be done & dusted soon then she's going to help me decorate & work part time for her dad ! He He !

Have a great weekend & week ahead x

Katie said...

Sounds like you've been busy with many fun things, as always. I have that camera now I can barely use. have fun playing w/ yours!
Don't ya love a little power outage though--kinda makes you do stuff you weren't planning. And the candle light is nice. :0) Take care

Menopausalmusing said...

Well, as you know, we also had a power cut here.........
Love the sound of your day out, especially the burger and apple juice, stuff like that always tastes fantastic when eaten outside, doesn't it? Enjoy that new camera. I keep promising myself a better one, but other things keep cropping up! :O)

Letticeleaf said...

Jo, thank you for your comments on my blog, they always make me laugh.

I've just sat here this morning writing a long comment about the weather at the Whealden Times fair on Friday when Debs and I were there (tipping rain), Mandy 'Maygreen Fairies' who is at our second Kitsch and Stitch Fair on 3rd September etc.,etc and I discovered I wasn't connected! Well lots of folks would probably agree with this little ole machine! So I'll post this quick while its not looking, hope it makes sense? LLX

Ben said...

I'm pleased that you are getting chickens, I was the chicken coop exhibitor at the fair! Ben Grist, Oakdene Coops - www.oakdene-coops.co.uk

Carmen said...

Oh what a brilliant post. I will check out that challenge blog tomorrow and I love your stamps. I think you should post an 'attention, attention' shout out when you discover these fabulous days out in kent - they seem to bypass me completely! That looked like fun!

I know what you mean with the camera - mines not a swanky - well, not according to most people but i find it highly technical .It's a bridge one apparantly - I love it and it often surprises me what lovely pics it takes with little or no help from me. Best way really *g*

Well done to Luke. Devvie was not so pleased with her maths exam - I did feel for her as she struggles with it like I did. Pheebs (4 years Devvies jnr) is a mini genius in maths so it doesn't help when she scoffs and says 'cor that looks pips' which apparantly means easy.

Well. I do believe I am now all caught up. Woohoo!