Thursday, 7 July 2011

Art Journal Every Day - 6th-7th July


The prompt I used from the 
'in the sunart journal course
(see button on right hand sidebar)
for this double page spread was
'Quote'.
I glued a napkin onto the pages, smeared the edges 
with gold, and then gessoed over to mute the bright colours.
The image of the young shoot was taken from a magazine.
The quote is from Aristotle 
(should that be Mr Aristotle, I wonder?!)

http://balzerdesigns.typepad.com/balzer_designs/2011/07/art-journal-every-day-sign-up-for-july.html#axzz1Qsb37EOV

XXX

Did you see my previous post? 
I am hoping to arrange a bloggie meet-up to go to the 
Tracey Emin Exhibition "Love is What You Want" in London.
There are 3 of us going so far 
(mutually agreeable dates permitting) 
so read this to see what it's all about.
...

8 comments:

Lenna Young Andrews said...

This is veery beautiful, Joanna. I am so glad you are doing this!!!

Jill said...

So very lovely!

Susan said...

Great background! I love the texture!

craftattack said...

Great spread, Joanna! Valerie

Susan T said...

I love the wording, and your creative design just enhances it.

SusieJ said...

Wonderful journal page Joanna.
Hugs xx
p.s. soooooo looking forward to meeting up.

Jane Housham said...

You're producing so much! This is so fresh.

Carmen said...

Gorgeous page - love that quote and love that dreamy background.