Saturday, 23 July 2011

Postman's Knock - sent and received

(click on pic to see all the postcards)

I made a postcard this time for 
whose theme is
'Angels'.

As you may know I'm good friends with Penny
and stupidly this seemed to
put me under extra pressure.
Problem is I am then at risk of 
over-thinking
which, for me,
NEVER works!

So I did a bit of deep breathing,
cracked those knuckles
and in an almost zen-like trance
(yeah, right!!)
made my 'Angels' postcard.

(Angels)
I used a portion of the famous
Michelangelo painting 
The Creation of Adam.
The hands are a gel transfer
which I put on top of a torn paper and 
gessoed background, which I further distressed.
I saw the quote
"When storm clouds gather
look for an Angel"
in a magazine and it seemed appropriate.


I put the Angels in a
Mail Art
envelope
which I so enjoy doing.

*
I received a wonderful package of goodies from
who was prompted by my theme of
'Yee Ha! Ride 'em Cowboy'.


Having researched Cowboys,
Lesley was inspired to focus on
Cowgirls.
Her postcard is of one such Cowgirl
called Belle Star.
I love the cartoon speech bubble saying
"Yee Ha!"


Lesley also made me a book about
Gun 'Toting Women.
Yes, a BOOK!


There are more pages but this gives the idea.

(back cover)


Lesley also very kindly sent me a
Ladybird book
'The Story of the Cowboy'
- I am a big fan of Ladybird Books 
and this is a real treat.


Lesley made a stand up of Annie Oakley
(who went and got her gun!).


And finally, she sent me a Sheriff's badge,
ideal for a girlie Sheriff to catch those dang cowgirls!

Phew,
So many treasures!

Thank you so much, Lesley,
I love them all.

XXX

8 comments:

Jill said...

How great! That saying is so perfect.

SusieJ said...

Love your angels for Penny and what a wonderful parcel for your cowboy theme - especially the pink badge!
Hugs xx

craftattack said...

Wow, love what you have made and what you have received! Enjoy! Hugs, Valerie

missy k said...

Penny will have a big smile on her face when that Mail Art envelope plops through her post box!

Love what landed on your door mat too:)

ps hope you have a sunny Sunday!

Karenx

bad penny said...

Yes I did Karen a BIG smile ! The enveople was delightful & the card divine ! a Divine Urbani - thank you Jo x
Your cowboys package ( oops that sounds rude ) was fab - go get 'em girls !

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jo,
love what you made for Penny and also what you received!!Sounds like so much fun.
Have a great Sunday.
Hugs,
Marie

Susan T said...

I love the image you have chosen for your Angels theme, one of my favourites. Some of those Cow girls look a bit stern. I wouldn't like to argue with one.

Kat said...

Those angels ones are GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing!