Friday, 15 July 2011

What's Rocking My World This Friday!


Hello everyone
it's Friday so 
you know what that means,
don't you?

YES!
Time to remember the people and events 
from last week that made it good.
Forget the meanies 
(and there was a meany last week who
quite upset me, but I'm NOT going to think about that)
and focus on 
the GOOD, the FUNNY and the HEARTWARMING.

***

First of all,
Grant.
My darling husband
who is always top of my list in my world, 
even if I don't actually mention him on my Rocking list.

Yesterday we were out and about, 
popped into a charity (thrift) shop.
What did my husband, 
this 50 year old little boy,
want?


Yes,
 a Dalek head.

With voice changer
(so he can really sound like the Supreme Dalek)
flashing lights
and iconic Dalek phrases such as,
yes, you got it,
"EXTERMINATE!"

He tried it on,
"IT FITS!"
he cried (rather like in Cinderella)
so home it came
with him clutching it to his manly bosom.

£5
- a bargain for the happiness 
this has brought him!

*
Susie Cat.


Here she is, 
proving that she IS a real Princess
(think of The Princess and the Pea).

She's still with us.
She's eating a bit more,
demanding fresh chicken and fish
and 
"milkeee, Mummy!"
Most days I'm getting the tablet 
down her throat
(though not today, grrr),
hidden in a tasty morsel.
Some days, you think it's all gone down and then 
'PLOP' 
out it comes.  
Hmmmmm,
a ploy for more tasty morsels, methinks.

*

The Apprentice.

TOM
is in the final!


Along with Jim (master of BS),
Susie ("that's so not fair, guys")
and Helen (mistress of presentation).

The final is on Sunday
and I CAN"T WAIT!

*

Zumba.

I went twice this week
(I have been slacking lately and only going one a week).
Last night was MAD!
The instructor, who is bonkers,
had us doing a strip tease as our
cool down routine at the end.
Not a REAL strip tease you understand.
But the 2 ladies in front of me weren't 
prepared to take off their knickers,
even if they were only imaginary.

(yeah, I looked JUST like that.  In my dreams that is)
I whipped mine off and twirled them round my head
before flinging them out the window.
Remember,
they were only imaginary!

I must admit to a lot of aching after all
that energetic and enthusiastic stripping.....

*
Arting.

I LOVE it.
The thinking, the research, the making.

Keeps me calm(ish).

***

That's it for today.
I'll do the usual now - 
post this link with Virginia at Celtic House
and then pop over to the other Rockers for a catch-up.

Join me?

Have a wonderful weekend
and thank you for reading.

XXX


18 comments:

Jill said...

Such a deligtful post!

Virginia said...

Fabulous list I giggled at the thought of the two ladies refusing to take off their imaginary knickers LOL! The dalek head is awesome although there would probably have been a tussle for it in this household LOL!

Crafting is beautiful therapy, I'm about to hit the garden with a milky coffee, craft stamper magazine and scrapbook magazine that I picked up this morning, I've also just done beginners Zumba on the Wii for 20 minutes and can honestly say I'm tired and rather warm and now in need of a shower!

Hope you have a beautiful and blessed weekend!

Hugs

SusieJ said...

I'm ROFL here - what a fabulous post!
DH would be green with envy over the Dalek head!
Also having fun imagining your imaginary striptease - priceless!
Unlike Virginia my Zumba for the Wii is still in its' box - slapped wrist for me.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs xx
p.s. excellent news about Susie. xx

K said...

I sooooooo want to come to your Zumba class, it sounds hilarious!!!

Monica said...

Treat yourself to a real Zumba outfit. Mind you they were not made to be removed quickly, but then you have sewing skills.

she dreams big! said...

Looks like you had a great week! And only 1 meany! Your hubby seems to be a fun guy and I can just picture him chasing you around the house in his head gear! Who needs zumba with a guy like that, right?

Have a wonderful weekend!

missy k said...

Love the Dalek head! At first I thought it was some time of funky colander/steamer, silly me!

Glad Susie is still keeping up with her 'princess' ways.

Fun cool down routine!

Have a great weekend. Love to you all.

ps make sure Grant brings the Dalek head to family day!!!!

Karenxxxxxxxxxxxx

Privet and Holly said...

THIS is so
much fun; love it!
I need to remember
to do this one
week....What a great
way to keep all those
positives front and
center, J! Hope
your weekend rocks,
as well : )
xx Suzanne

Susan T said...

I think Grant looks rather fetching in his new hat. I could do with one here it has just started raining in a purposeful way.

Glad your little cat is improving, she does look rather regal.

Strip tease in Zumba!!! that would never happen in the North, it takes far too long to get your thermals off.

bad penny said...

So is Grant looking for the rest of the outfit now ? Suzie looks sweet there all rested & not taking her pills naughty girl - Frankie is just the same !

Blimey ! I must get back to Zumba !!!

Georgie Horn said...

*flinging panties through the window** right now....

MaygreenFairies said...

What a wonderful post.... I'm loving hubby's new headgear.. super! Have a fab weekend hun. Mandy x

Miss Iowa said...

I have no idea what a Dalek head is, but I think you deserve a medal for allowing your husband to bring it home. Wherever will you keep it?! LOL

Letticeleaf said...

Jo, what a handsome hubby you have. Tom for Sugar's lump I say! I so want him to win! LLX

Carmen said...

i MUST ADMIT A squee MOMENT WHEN tOM WENT THROUGH - AND THE LOOK ON HIS FACE! i WOULD LIKE TO THINK HE'LL WIN BUT HAVE A FEELING IT WILL BE HELEN, THE ONE WHO THINKS SHE'S INDESTRUCTIBLE. Poo - caps lock on and I type looking at keyboard... can't be bothered to type again, just read that with fingers in your ears and it should even it up! :P

Love the dalek head! Priceless!

So pleased Susie is fighting on - A true Rockette!

As for art - I've said it before and I'll say it again. Best therapy in the world. And cheaper! (for me anyway!)

Right bossy britches - my post is up!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

you've got it Joanna! Focus on the good, the funny & the heartwarming and you will come out ahead every time :^ ) Love these posts! xo lenna

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

OMG Jo, how did I miss your Friday post!!
LOL @ hubby's charity shop purchase! Sort of thing my other half would pick up!! Boys and their toys!! - £5 well spent if it keeps him happy!! ;)
Looking forward to the final tonight too! Well, Tom made it (he's got my vote - bless him) but gotta feeling Helen as pipped him to the post?
I was thinking of going to Zumba for the first time this week! ....until I read your post!! LOL - I better remember to put on some decent imaginary knickers if I do!! :O
Fun post as always!
Jan x

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Thanks for the chuckle gal!