Monday, 8 August 2011

Postman's Knock - sent and received


(click on pic to see all the postcards)
We're back from our hols!
More of that another time but for now I'll just say
that we had a wonderful time.

Back home, life went on and it was time for another
Postman's Knock postcard swap.

The theme I had this time was
'Windows'
and was for Jill.


I clearly had our cruise in mind when making this card!
Thankfully, in reality the sun shone, the skies were blue and 
we had a balcony not a tiny porthole.


I popped it in a Mail Art envelope.


Sue made me a postcard
with my chosen theme of
'Yee Ha! Ride 'em Cowboy!'

I initially thought the cowboy was Roy Rogers but
it turns out he is, in fact, Clayton Moore.
Anyway, whoever he is, he is a transfer on acetate
which is then layered onto the background, 
which is another transfer.
This gives a great 3D effect which isn't very apparent in the scan.

Thank you, Sue!

Reading Hi Ho Silver on the label brought to mind 
the song by Quantum Jump (from the 1970's)
and I've been singing it all morning!


When this was in the charts I was going out with
a lad who could sing it all, even the fast bit, without looking at the words.  
For this reason alone I thought he was very cool.
I was easily impressed when I was 14 years old!

XXX

10 comments:

Monica said...

We eagerly anticipate seeing your bikini covered body sipping tropical nectar surrounded by the pool gods and tables groaning with succulent sea morsels!

bad penny said...

welcome home to Blogland Jo we missed you.
Love both these cards- yours is very atmospheric - a storm brewing perhaps. Glad you had sunny skies !

craftattack said...

Glad you're safely back, looking forward to seeing lots of pics! Like your postcards sent and received. Now I wonder what impressed you about that boy friend!
Valerie

Susan T said...

You will make me wait until Friday for your holiday pics won't you!

The view through your little porthole shows troubles skies. I hope yours were far from that.

Welcome back sweetypie.xxxx

Menopausalmusing said...

You excelled yourself with your card... it's a beauty! What a great collection you are going to have on a theme of "Ye Ha! Cowboy"!

Hope you holiday was a fabulous one.

missy k said...

Hi

Welcome back!!!!! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

Love your postcard swaps btw!

See you next week :)

Karenx

altacucina said...

what beatiful cards you made..I love them all..but the "sea views" it's my favorite!

I'm glad you are safely back home, and I hope you had a wonderful cruise...we want to see some pictures of those beatiful place you went!!

Hugs,

Adriana

sugar Creek said...

Hope you had a great holiday!! I'm jealous,I am!
Love the postcards and mail art especially that port hole!

SusieJ said...

Lovely mail again Joanna and pleased you had a good holiday. :)
Hugs xx

Virginia said...

Your back - phew - missed you! Glad your holiday was good, will catch up with that post shortly! Loving the mail art!