Tuesday, 13 September 2011

I Got Mail ART (from Lenna Young Andrews)


This super Mail Art arrived from Lenna, in the 
latest round of our group swap.
The theme is 'Vintage'.
Lenna had enclosed her envelope in protective 
cellophane and she stuck the postage stamps 
on top of that, which meant that the 
delicate lace stuck on the envelope travelled safely.
The photobooth photo is of Lenna c. 1979 - 
I LOVE photobooth pics!
The black and white photo of the wedding couple 
are Lenna's husband's parents.  
I love the expression of surprise on
the bride's face and the happiness on her new husband's.
And the clothes, and the cars........ gorgeous.


Inside the envelope Lenna had included
some fab retro advertisements, newspaper clippings 
and other bits and pieces, which have all been 
squirreled away in my stash.
I suspect they'll be turning up soon in my
(which arrived today).

Thank you, Lenna!

My next Mail Art theme is "something beginning with 'k'"
and it will also be my last because I am bowing out of this
group to concentrate on other projects.
It's been great fun,
 but I have the attention span of a gnat
and I feel it's time for me to move on :D

XXX

10 comments:

Alix said...

As you say, great photos! There's something special about photo booth shots, and the wedding one is so much more telling than the posed type!
x

MrCachet said...

Well, I'm hooked on mail art anyway, so something from Lenna like this piece is not unexpected - mail is GREAT!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

Joanna, you are so kind to showcase my mail art like this. I did try to use things and find vintage enclosures you would like -- so, I am real happy I hit the mark! I have enjoyed your mail art in this swap ever-so-much, it has been some of my most favorite I have received in my time doing it. You are very talented! thank you again xoxo lenna

craftattack said...

Great post from Lenna! Valerie

missy k said...

Wow! Fab mail art and goodies :)

Karenx

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Beautiful mail art you received from Lenna!! Love it.TFS.
Have a great day.
Hugs,
Marie

SusieJ said...

Wow! Amazing mail art - a real vintage look and feel.
Hugs xx

Margaret said...

Beautiful mailart! I love the little piece of lace and fab images, so gorgeous! Mx

Letticeleaf said...

Lots of lovely links on your blog Jo. BIG problem, I don't know whether I'm on me a*se or me elbow for ideas. My head spins, my artistical juices flow, so many dreams and schemes. Thankfully they quickly pass - I settle back on the settle, and life once again passes me by. Happy days! LLX

Bad Penny said...

I kept quite a few photo booth pics from about age 12 such a laugh !

Grerat mail art