Saturday, 24 September 2011

I sent Mail Art


As I mentioned in yesterday's post,
thought we'd do a postal swap -
 just for fun.
Katie's beautiful fabric postcard can be seen in this post.
Katie has just emailed to say she's received my 
Mail Art and postcard.

I saw the black and white image of the 
man in a book and thought he was fun.
(I've still got the other half of his face to 
use in another project!)
I used watercolour crayons on the envelope
(which I later sealed with gel medium).
I found the quote by Andy Rooney and 
thought it perfect for Mail Art!

"One of the sweetest things in life:
 the letter from a friend."


Inside the crazy man envelope, I enclosed 
a postcard with this altogether 
less crazy looking gal.

The sentiments in the quote by Fanny Brice,

"Let the world know you as you are
not as you think you should be."

are ones that I am finding easier to follow as I get older.

I enjoyed swapping with Katie
and hope we can do it again one day soon.......:0)

XXX

11 comments:

Jennie Louise said...

I'm fascinated by these art postcards you receive and make... Wow they are gorgeous!
I would love to get involved but seriously I wouldn't know where to start so I'll stick with my photography, for now. :-)
I'm browsing through your last few posts.... Loving and learning.
Have a great weekend Joanna. X

Jennie Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SusieJ said...

Wonderful and fun Joanna! I'm in awe of all your mail art.
Have a great Saturday.
Hugs xx

craftattack said...

Katie is gonna be very happy with her swap! Hugs, Valerie

Bad Penny said...

Fabulous swap Jo !

trisha too said...

You always receive (and send)the best mail--thank you for sharing your fun swaps with us!

:)

Printed Material said...

Another great swap Jo. You have the knack of finding those 'perfect' quotes for them.What a lovely photo of Fanny Brice - not a bit like Barbra Streisand!

Heavens2Betsy said...

Fabulous mail art ... I love the colours and effects you've achieved. Great sentiments too Jo. pen x

Kristin said...

Absolutely FABulous!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! xoxo

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jo,
I just love your mail art!!!TFS.
Have a great start of the week.
Hugs,
Marie

Sarah said...

gorgeous postcards!