Sunday, 23 October 2011

Creative Swaps - Haiku ATC's received

recently ran a swap
of Haiku ATC's.

The ones I sent can be seen

These are the 3 ATC's I received!

(From Lenna Andrews)
I am so happy to have this one from Lenna.
A transferred image of one of her sweet dogs, Asia,
the photograph was taken during a thunder storm
which Asia really didn't like :o(

(Back with haiku)
The Haiku created by Lenna is perfect for
the image captured at that moment.

"Thunder rumbles near
Brown eyes, long white eyelashes
Look up at me now."

*

(From Frieda Oxenham)
This very unusual mixed media ATC 
and is a photograph of a gravestone from
West Peebles Graveyard, 
which she is currently researching.
I really like the stitched edging, 
micro beads and the haiku printed
onto acetate.

Frieda's Haiku:

"A graveyeard in sun
dark and light in life and death
an eternity."

Brilliantly written.

*

(From Leigh Sanders)

This vibrant coloured ATC is from Leigh Sanders
and I am drawn to it simplistic design and 
beautiful colours.
I LOVE the Haiku that Leigh put with it.

"Nature gifts colour
As flowers burst into bloom
Their sweet smell a song."

As always, it was fun to take part in Lenna's swap.
Thank you so much to the 3 artists whose
 ATC's I received, they will be treasured.

XXX

15 comments:

Heavens2Betsy said...

Three great pieces Jo. I'm a big fan of Frieda's fabric work and I love Leigh's Haiku too. I'm off to take another look at what you created. pen x

missy k said...

Interesting and varied Haiku...

HAPPY HALF TERM :)

Karenx

craftattack said...

Love your ATCs and Haikus, enjoy! Valerie

Carmen said...

These are all so lovely, so different and so unique! You find the most interesting and intriguing swaps Jo!

sugar Creek said...

Those are wonderful!

SusieJ said...

Love the ATCs and the haikus - so much individuality.
Hugs xx

BadPenny said...

What a lovely collection and yours are gorgeous. Great swap !

Leigh Sanders said...

Hi Jo,
I'm so glad you liked the ATC. What a great website - your ATCS for the swap are gorgeous - here's crossing fingers I get one ;)

Lenna Young Andrews said...

dear joanna, what can I say? Thank you for sharing your returns and your beautiful and kind write-up on each one. You know I adore yours as I HAD to have one and so traded with you. I thought you might like the one I did featuring Asia, and i am glad I was right! I always enjoy your blog & your art and feel blessed to know you. xoxo

Margaret said...

Beautiful ATC's what a great little collection, each one is so different, fab! Mx

Prasetyo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Privet and Holly said...

What a fun
and creative
swap! All very
unique ~ I was
especially drawn
to the haiku with
the sweet dog : )
xx Suzanne

Jennie Louise said...

The last card is just lovely.

trisha too said...

What a fun idea for a swap!

:)

Heavens2Betsy said...

Jo, where are you, it's Friday and you haven't Rocked yet? Hope all's well? pen x