Saturday, 12 November 2011

I Got Mail Art (from Laura Hummel)


I have been very remiss.
I received this gorgeous Mail Art from Laura Hummel
a couple of weeks ago.
I ooh'd over it and I aah'd over it
but it then totally slipped my mind to post 
about it here, grrrrrr!
I'm so sorry, Laura.  How rude of me :o(

The theme for this final round of Mail Art 
that I'm joining in with is
'Something beginning with K.'
Laura chose 'kids'.
I really like the eclectic style,
you just want to keep looking and finding!
Her outsized file folder-style envelope 
certainly caught the attention of my postman!


Inside, Laura had enclosed
this gorgeous child related ephemera -
including a page from a 1906 school register (WOW!),
a cabinet card of a sweet baby,
pages from children's books,
some funky spirals
and a fun dog napkin.

Thank you, Laura!

My 'Something beginning with K' Mail Art
went in the post last week (oops, rather late)
so hopefully the other Mail Art girls will receive it soon........

XXX

12 comments:

MrCachet said...

Hooray for Mail Art!

craftattack said...

Lovely stuff from Laura! Have fun playing with the goodies she sent you! Hugs, Valerie

Monica said...

Love that envelope and what interesting ephemera.

sugar Creek said...

I'd be ooing and ahhing over that too! I love the goodies she sent to you as well!

Jean Elizabeth said...

I love it! Great show!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

wonderful, stupendous! thanks for sharing it. I love Laura's style of mail art and have been blessed to receive some in the past :^ ))
Lucky you, Joanna!

Carmen said...

I scrolled back up to look for the envelope before I realised the art was the envelope! Wow! And wow again, no wonder it got posties attention!

SusieJ said...

Fabulous! That envelope is a work of art and what lovely (and fascinating) goodies inside...
Hugs xx

Jewels said...

Very cool Jo - the images on the envelope remind me of King Friday on Mr. Rogers (don't know if you heard of that show but Google it)...Love the stuff inside to...J

Virginia said...

Oh that's lovely - I really really like the envelope - its beautiful!

missy k said...

Fantastic mail art..... makes you so happy doesn't it?

Love the innards!!!

Karenx

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Gorgeous mail art and goodies - lucky you :)
Jan x