Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Mary's Monthly Challenge - November

(Toilette pour jeune fille)
Mary, from Green Paper
(she runs the 'Your Vintage Gluebook',
'Collage Coterie', and is now running a 
Christmas Gluebook online class)
has set her challenge for this month.

She provided this gorgeous collage sheet




for us to download. To take part in the challenge
 at least part of each image has to be used.

My interpretation is a 6" x 4" postcard.
I cheated a bit with the background,
using a T!m Holtz cardstock
onto which I stuck old sewing pattern.
I used some distress ink (spiced marmalade)
 to add a little colour.
I printed out the collage sheet in a couple of 
different sizes and just HAD to put the 
Eiffel Tower on the head of the young 'fille'!
A delightful hat, don't you think?
She is carrying a simple bouquet,
made with the flowers on the card.

Why don't you pop along and see 
what the other participants have come up with?
Click HERE and go see.

XXX

19 comments:

Monica said...

very interesting composition. you are so energetic and create so much.

craftattack said...

Lovely piece Jo - her hat is really Parisian! Hugs, Valerie

SusieJ said...

Love it Jo! Great use of the images. :)
Hugs xx

Mary said...

Love it, wonderful job (the hat is especially fun)

Heavens2Betsy said...

This is delightful Jo! I love her hat and your use of the flowers as a posy. Your background is gorgeous too. Very clever girly! pen x

Susan said...

Great background and I love the hat!!!!

Nathalie Thompson said...

Well done! I like the towering chapeau!

sugar Creek said...

Love her!! I just love her hat! Great job!!

xx

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Beautifully done,Jo!! Thanks for entering and posting my giveaway.
Good luck to you.
Hugs,
Marie

Nancy said...

She is so creative and lively! What fun.

Birgit said...

Gosh -- great minds think alike! I also used the Eiffel Tower as the lady's hat! I swear I didn't have a look at the other contributions -- and yet we both had the same idea. :)

Great collage!!!

Katie said...

wow, love what you did with the images provided. That does sound like a fun one. xo

Kate said...

Love this!

Jean Elizabeth said...

So very chic! Love the buttons!

Kristin said...

Ohhh, I think this is just brilliant! I LOVE the neutral yet interesting background and LOVE the hat! I think this is the coolest challenge - and must be so neat to see all the different ways the one college sheet is used. You did a Really beautiful job, xoxo

Printed Material said...

Jo, I so love that stylish hat. Only you could have thought of that. You are a creative tour de force and your output is phenomenal. Do you actually sleep?.... If you do, I bet you just dream of more ideas!

missy k said...

Hi Jo

What fun! Great hat!

Love the background and buttons too :)

Karenx

Laurie said...

I like the hat you gave her even better than the one I gave her!

Virginia said...

I love the Eiffel tower on the head - genius!