Saturday, 31 December 2011

Goodbye 2011

So,  this is the last day of 2011.
On the whole a good year
with one exception,
as seen in my photo collage.


                      1  Taking part in Lenna's Creative Swaps.
                      2  Going to the Tracey Emin exhibition with Penny.
                      3  DS leaving school and starting a barber's apprenticeship.
                      4  Rosie Mae giving us another year of love and muddy walks.
                      5  ATC swaps with Kimberly.
                      6  Staying with Penny for a girls night in.
                      7  Joining in with Kristin's Summer of Colour.
                      8  Susie Tu passing away.  Miss you baby-girl :o(
                      9  Taking part in Postman's Knock.
                    10  Mediterranean cruise with family, brilliant.
                    11  Taking part in Brooklyn Sketchbook Project.
                    12  Spending special time with DD Hope.
                    13  Going to Grayson Perry exhibition with Louise.
                    14  X Factor Live concert with Hope (Matt *sigh*).
                    15  Royal Wedding!
                    16  Going to Art of Making exhibition with Hope.
                    17  Going to see Much Ado About Nothing (*David Tennant *sigh*).
                    18  Enjoying delicious fresh organic food from Abel and Cole.

                    And, of course, another year laughing at with my DH Grant.

      I have a lot to be grateful for and I really appreciate the life 
am free to live.

          I wonder what 2012 holds in store for us. 
         Whatever happens, and I've no doubt it will be a mixed bag
of ups and downs, 
I will share it with you, 
my fab blogging buddies, 
who know me and my family so well.

Wishing you all -
those who comment, 
those who email
and those who 'lurk' 
(I love a lurker!) -

safe
happy
and
healthy
2012.

XXX

ps Happy Birthday 
to my dear sister-in-law 
Karen (Missy K).

EAT CAKE!



24 comments:

Sam said...

Love your photo collage, what a lovely way to round up the year! I hope you and yours have a great new year x
ps, I did post a big thank you for my Secret Santa gift in your comments but I think I did at the end of your secret santa post which was an older post, I was worried you hadn't seen it and would think I hadn't bothered!!!x

marigold jam said...

Like Sam O love the way you have done this post and mosaic of the year. Best wishes for a happy, peaceful and healthy New Year.

Kath said...

Thats what my neighbour thinks my dogs are (lurchers) I havent the heart to tell her they're not actually Lurkers :-)
Happy new Year, let's hope it brings lots of good things.

Virginia said...

Ah Joanna what a great way of rounding up the year (may have to borrow/steal it later LOL). Apart from obviously your loss of Susie overall the year looks pretty good on reflection, I agree 2012 will no doubt be a mixed bag of tricks but I'm sure we'll have fun and some positives to enjoy along the way! I'm hoping that you have a beautiful and blessed last day of 2011 and here's to 2012!!! See you then (I'm never a lurker - obviously far too talkative for that LOL).

Hugs

Virginia

Miss Iowa said...

Happy New Year, Joanna! Wishing all the best for you and your family in 2012.

SusieJ said...

Happy 2012 to you and your family Jo.
Love your round up of 2011 (how did you manage the photo collage? I'm a bit backward technically..lol!).
Thanks for being such a supportive friend and for introducing me to collage etc.
Hoping we meet up this year..we still have Highgate to visit with Penny!
Big hugs xx

Printed Material said...

Looks like it's been a good year Jo, with your one exception. Have a great start to 2012. I see you're already signed up for lots of swaps and things. If I suggested one in a month or two do you think you might be up for something like and altered book idea? Hold the thought!

Joanna said...

The photo collage is really easy - I did it on www.picnik.com, which is a really useful photoshop type resource. I've subscribed for a year so I can get different options but the basic ones are free to use. If I can do it, anyone can!!

x

craftattack said...

Beautiful collage, hope 2012 will be a wonderful year for you! Valerie

hensteeth said...

I love your photo mosaic Jo. Lovely photo of you two.
Happy new year to you. x

Letticeleaf said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely post of what sounds like a great year in the life of Jo.

Fabby fotos too, especially the 'How much is that couple in the window?' one.

2012 wishes for a good year.

LLX

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Wishing you all the best dear Jo ~ I hope your 2012 brings you much joy and many many blessings!
Love to you,
~ Katie

Jewels said...

All the best to you and yours Jo for 2012 (was there really a 2011? It went so fast). Cheers. J

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Have a wonderful 2012,dear Jo.
Hugs,
Marie

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Happy new year Joanna
Sorry to hear David Tennant got married {sigh} x

Lenna Young Andrews said...

oh Joanna, what a lovely post. I love your montage of photos and feel quite "chuffed" to be in there with my creative swaps!

: ))) I look forward to 2012 with you as my friend! No matter that we are across a very large pond, I think we'll still manage very well. Big hugs, lenna

Carmen said...

Gorgeous collage Jo. What a fabulous way to round up.

Looking forward to what 2012 brings :) From a faithful lurking stalker - unfortunately for you though - not a silent one! x

Monica said...

RANG IN THE NEW WITH HANGOVER. i SHOULD BE TOO OLD FOR THIS. Starting the Strathmore class today with Traci Bautista. and this year i plan to use up fabric making covers for couch and chairs so cats can dirty them and not my yellow leather couch and chairs.

Katie said...

What a neat way to wrap up 2011! A wonderful year.
Hey, is that you in photo #2? ha!!!
Go rock out another year, gal! xo

Susan T said...

Wonderful post Jo - and I love the photo of you and Grant together. It looks like you are looking towards the future already. May 2012 bring all you would wish for and some extra joys on top to make it sparkle.xxx

BadPenny said...

What a wonderful collage Jo. I've loved getting to know you through your blog, email ( X Factor gossip ! ) and in person. See you in 2012 on the Blog & that Highgate trip we never did ! Happy New Year xxxx

Menopausalmusing said...

Bringing up the rear (story of my life!).... wishing you the most wonderful, creative year to come.

missy k said...

Hi

Late to the party as normal!!!! First time on the computer today and it is 3.10pm!!!!

I really enjoyed your photo collage.... and the 'ps'....

I loved your cake btw.... Did Mrs Morrison make it.... if not please could I have the recipe :) ?

Thank you for having us yesterday. I was so cosy in your living room I didn't want to go. Hope that Luke enjoyed his snooze!!! Elliott woke up today at 12.30!!!!

Love to you all

Karenx

Jennie Louise said...

Lovely collage Jo.. Ive been trying to write a final 2011 blog post for a number of days now... but my words are all coming out wrong. nevermind. I may just showcase some decent photo's.
jam packed year for you.. lets hope the next one is great too ! jennie. x