Monday, 26 December 2011

Thank You Secret Santa xxx

arranged a Secret Santa swap.
The participants were each 'given' 
a victim blogger to stalk 
(looking at their blogs etc, 
not literally sitting outside their houses 
with a camera and notebook,
or hacking their mobile phones)
and then send 
suitable gifts anonymously.

I received mine a few weeks ago 
and, because I was a very good girl,
and unusually patient, I
put them under the tree  - until yesterday
when there was a fevered ripping of tissue paper
and revealing of gorgeous, perfect-for-me gifts.


Santa has been very clever and spotted
all the things that I ADORE!
Vintage paper, books and ephemera, 
anything handmade, 
art journalling, 
and
things ripe for altering.

Check out the old map (1940's),
the old cheques (1940's),
the 1953 music score,
the beer mat,
the flower brooch,
the many many art journalling supplies 
- some hand made -
the hand made notelets,
and this book.


This 1850's book of Christmas stories 
written by Mr Charles Dickens,
published while he was still very much alive
(he died in 1870)
and still writing his very popular tales. 


Incredible.


Look at the date.......!

I am so happy with your gifts, Santa.
It's such a lovely mix of vintage,
hand made (BEAUTIFULLY hand made),
and art journalling supplies.

THANK YOU!

I think Carmen is going to reveal our identities soon.
I'm pretty sure I know who you are but 
I'll be so happy to know for certain 
so I can thank you personally.

A BIG THANK YOU to Carmen too 
for arranging this swap.
It was fun!

XXX

15 comments:

craftattack said...

Lucky you, what wonderful goodies! Enjoy! Valerie

Relyn said...

Christmas Day has flown past. Just now I have a quiet moment between bouts of after-Christmas sale shopping. I wanted to stop by and wish you all the joys of the season. As the quiet week approaches, may you find time to do all the things you most love. May you know, each day, how very blessed and loved you are. Happy Holidays, friend. ~ Relyn

Jewels said...

Way cool Jo - wish I had a secret Santa....having a quiet Christmas hear getting through family things - hope to be State side by Friday (sure hope my package to you has arrived by then!) Jewels

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hello Jo!! I don't know how you waited!! Waiting to open gifts is something I've NEVER been able to do, and fun packages like this is why!!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday! THANK YOU for your kind words this year. I look forward to our continuing friendship in 2012. Take care!!

SusieJ said...

How wonderful!! Perfect gifts for you....my secret santa was the same..obviously knew me way too well.
Carmen did brilliantly with the swap. I'll be posting my pics soon.
Hugs xx

Virginia said...

Oh your Secret Santa obviously knew you sooooooooooooo well - that is a gorgeous pile of loveliness - absolutely fabulous I tell you! It's been great to see what everyone got.

Jane Housham said...

ooh, you lucky, lucky thing. How lovely.

missy k said...

I think your secret santa stalked you well :)

what lovelies!!!!

Karenx

Lenna Young Andrews said...

awesome, looks like perfect gifts for you!

Carmen said...

How silly, I have a lump in my throat reading this. In particular with the book. What a beautiful gift Jo!

I'm just writing the post revealing all now, I'm just checking who blogged so I can link you all up. This has been so fun, thank you for making it amazing! Same time next year?

Joyce van der Lely said...

Lucky you, what a wonderful Secret Santa ! I hope we can organise one again next year.....Have a fantastic New Yar, see you signed up for LifeBook, you'll have a ball ! ♥ your newest stalker.....

Joyce van der Lely said...

New Year I meant of course......not the greatest typist here, sorry....

Sam said...

Hi Joanna, I just found out you were my secret santa! I want to say a HUGE thankyou for my amazingly wonderful gift. You had stalked me well, everything was perfect! A wonderful smash style art journal, handmade, a fantastic stamping book, a dragonfly, a big crafty S, a pencil case full of goodies! I am so sorry I was a naughty girl and opened my gift early but I just couldn't wait!Thankyou, thankyou,thankyou for the fab gift! I now also have a wonderful new blog to follow!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Gorgeous goodies!! Lucky you!

LadyBug said...

Hi Jonna, Sorry i haven't been on blogland this week to check out Carmens "who dunnit" secret santa post. (we have been having a mental amount of family visit us on the island) I'm so pleased you liked your gift and everything was ok. It's always so hard buying for someone you don't know and only see a little part of their life via their blog. pleased I did well :) Hopefully Carmen enjoyed this so much she will do it again next year????? Px