Saturday, 24 December 2011

What's Rocking My World This Friday, late (again)

(Click the pic to join in)
Hellooooooo!

Welcome to my pre-Christmas Rocking list
of things that have made me smile this week.

***

I finished and sent off my 
Brooklyn Sketchbook Project 
Art Journal
(miss it? Click here to see it).

I loved doing it,
and I'm happy to have sent it off
before Christmas, a month early,
so I don't stress about it.

*

I have enjoyed meeting up with special friends this week.

 Dawn is my oldest friend
(as in I've known her the longest time, 
not that she is ancient)
and we've been friends for almost 
30 years now (*gulp*). 
We met when we started 
working as Fingerprint Officers at
 the Fingerprint Branch of
New Scotland Yard.
We were reminiscing about the brilliant 
Christmas parties we got invited to
by the different squads.
Quite a few single 18/19 year old girls got invited 
to them, funny that...... ;o)
Great fun.
She will always be a close friend 
(she knows too many of my secrets!).

Sue and I have been good friends since DD Hope 
and her eldest daughter Ciera
started at infant school, age 4
(the girls are now 15).

(Hope and Ciera, BFF's age 11)
We share a lot of happy memories,
including a work Christmas 'do' (we 
shared a Saturday job in an estate agency)
dressed in 1970's themed clothes.
We wore hotpants (yikes!) 
and very high wedged boots.
I'm hoping all the photographs have been destroyed.
After this we were known at work as
'The Cheeky Girls' - 
something to do with those skimpy hotpants, I think.

*

My Abel and Cole Christmas food delivery
arrived, all present and correct and stress-free,
including free mistletoe, calendar and a cookery book.
Apparently yesterday was the busiest shopping day and 
12.44pm was the busiest time.
DS Luke was in Morrisons at that very time and can 
verify the length of the queues - the whole length
of the aisles and round the corner.
Ugh!
He decided not to buy his lone packet of crisps.

*

We visited our dear friends Jan and Brian yesterday.
They care for darling Rosie Mae when we go 
away on holiday and they love her just as 
much as we do.
We are so grateful for the way they have taken
our girl into their hearts and their home.

*

This picture makes me smile,
it was shown last night on
Have I Got News For You.


Not only is the dog smiling,
but the dog and the lady behind are so alike!

It has been said that I look like Rosie Mae.

(Me)

(Rosie Mae)
What do you think........?!

*

I have signed up to the new Willowing online art course
being run by Tam
(she ran the Art, Heart and Healing class).
Life Book lasts a whole year
and features Tam and 15 other teachers.
My dear sister-in-law Karen (Missy K) 
is also going to do it
and Twinkle Twinkle's 
The class is £60
which is for a whole year's lessons 
AND
you can choose to do another of Tam's 
 classes as well for FREE.
Karen and I have chosen to do the
Awesome Art Journal class.

*

I'm really looking forward to going out 
for a meal this evening with
Grant, Luke and Hope.

***

Wishing you all Peace and happiness
this Christmas.

I know that for some of you it will be a
difficult time to get through this year,
for one reason or another.

I'll be thinking of you.

With love,

XXX



***

12 comments:

Virginia said...

Oh Jo that's a beautiful list, giggling at the smiling dog, didn't see that last night! Wow working with fingerprints, that sounds a lot more exciting than it might have been or was it really exciting LOL!

Hope you and yours have a fabulous Christmas and New Year

Hugs

Susan T said...

You were a bit of a one in your younger days, hotpants indeed, I never had the legs.

People are supposed to resemble their dogs, I can see a slight resemblence with the windswept do.

Have a wonderful Christmas Jo, full of joy and good things to eat. See you in the New Year.xx

PS Your memories of Christmas parties reminded me of a few best forgotton. County Court parties were THE worst, they could get very out of hand.

SusieJ said...

A lovely list of gratefuls Jo....I too missed HIGNFY so smiled at the smiling dog (hoping to catch the repeat!).
Have a fabulous Christmas.
Hugs xx

craftattack said...

Yes, the likeness to Rosie Mae is astonishing....Hope you all have a lovely Christmas. Hugs, Valerie

Menopausalmusing said...

How wonderful to be able to say "when I was a fingerprint officer"...........

Have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Jane Housham said...

A very merry Christmas, Jo, to you and all your family. x

Lenna Young Andrews said...

Love to you too, Joanna. I think you are so funny to post your "look-alike" photos with Miss Rosie-Mae! : ) Not sure, but you don't go to the same hairdresser, do you? You are very silly! Love your fun. Have a lovely holiday. My sister & family are here! xo

Serenata said...

Merry Christmas Jo & family, hope you have a wonderful time. :-)

missy k said...

Fun post Jo...

Hope you have all had a lovely day today..........

Just getting ready to watch Dr Who.... need to drag Livi away from her skype session with someone called Sean! Will be interogating her later :)

See you soon......

Karenx

BadPenny said...

What a lovely post Jo. You made me giggle throughout you cheeky girl ! You & Rosie Mae could be sisters ! I don't think I look like Dillon but I did look like Sam as our hair was a similar colour.
Thank you for my lovely lovely gifts - so pretty. xx Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas with your lovely family xx

BadPenny said...

What a lovely post Jo. You made me giggle throughout you cheeky girl ! You & Rosie Mae could be sisters ! I don't think I look like Dillon but I did look like Sam as our hair was a similar colour.
Thank you for my lovely lovely gifts - so pretty. xx Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas with your lovely family xx

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

You never fail to make me giggle with your fun posts Jo!! Well they do say that dogs resemble their owners LOL!! Only kidding!! ;)