Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Tag Tuesday - Snow Sports and Games

I fancied making 2 tags for this week's
theme over at Tag Tuesday,
'Snow Sports and Games'.

(Gravity is Love)
For 'Gravity is Love' I used a recycled 
Joe Brown's clothing tag, 
onto which I put a blended paper
background, gessoed and then 
tinted with Distress Inks.
I stuck on an old Winter Olympics 
postage stamp onto which I put crackle glaze
(note to self: 
next time shake the bottle as instructed!).
The quote,
"Gravity is love and every turn
a twist of faith."
is anonymous, and I printed it onto tissue paper
and then stuck that onto the tag
(thank you Carmen for passing on this tip!).
I finally gave the edges a little 
bit of winter sparkle.

(Finding Myself)
This tag 
(the photograph appears to have been taken
in a coal bunker, but it was just yet another 
gloomy day in this part of the UK)
is a standard luggage tag
onto which I put a blended paper 
background which I gessoed
and tinted with Distress Inks.
I heat embossed some sparkly snowflakes
and used an original image of a skating girl,
clipped from an old (1900's) girls annual.
I slightly reworded the quote by Peggy Fleming,
"I think skating helped me find myself."
Lastly, I attached a found glass bead,
which reminded me of a frozen water droplet.

***

It's my big brother's 50th birthday today.

(Simon and his wife, Deborah)
Happy Birthday, Simon!
Hope you enjoy all your celebrations
:o)

XXX

14 comments:

Carmen said...

You're welcome. I love that technique - don't know how I ever lived without it :D

Love these tags. In fact you and Susie have persuaded me and I shall be joining you in future ;) Need to catch up on first two. I know I don't NEED to... but I do.

Love these as always. Just love your style Jo.

SusieJ said...

Firstly...Happy Birthday big brother Simon.
Secondly...I love these tags..:)
Shall have to get Carmen to teach me that technique too.
Hugs xx

Monica said...

See you are very busy and creating some very interesting art.

Katie said...

Lovely tags! And great photos of them. You do the best stuff with paper.
And, Happy b-day Simon!

craftattack said...

Lovely tags Jo, and the gravity quote is good, too! Valerie

Virginia said...

Oh Joanna they are both gorgeous - I don't know the tissue paper technique so could do with knowing it too!!! - I'll have to annoy Carmen to let me in on the secret

Happy Birthday to your brother - hope he had a great day!

Sam said...

Great tags, love the vintage stamp! x

Susan T said...

Happy Birthday to big brother. Scrumptious tags, so delicate and just you.xx

trisha too said...

Wonderful tags, and what a handsome couple there!

:)

Kristin said...

SUCH gorgeous tags! I'm gonna join you girls one day - you've inspired me so!
AND YEAH! I am so excited you're doing Life Book! Your work is going to really shine - I am thrilled.
Thank you for your sweet comments too - my internet was out for a day - I'm sorry to take so long to thank you! xoxo

Privet and Holly said...

"Gravity is love and every turn
a twist of faith." I'll be thinking
of this one as I navigate my
days, Joanna. Beautiful tags
and a handsome brother, too!

xx Suzanne

missy k said...

Beautiful tags Jo.... and happy birthday to Simon :)

BadPenny said...

Lovely lovely tags. Happy Birthday to big bro !

Lenna Young Andrews said...

wonderful tags, joanna. You have such a talent!