Saturday, 28 January 2012

TAG TUESDAY - Vintage (on Saturday)

(Player)
I didn't do much for this week's Tag Tuesday tag ;o)
Luke gave me a Ralph Lauren tag from his new top.
I liked this tag because it already had a vintage look to it,
both in it's style and also it was a bit bashed up
(that's TK Maxx for you!).

I stuck torn dress pattern paper to the tag
and then did a gel transfer of the young sporting man
(I have the original photograph too).
Unfortunately it didn't work because both the photo 
and the background were too dark, grrr!

Ok, so then I gessoed over the botched transfer
and stuck another copy of the image on top.
I tinted his clothes with Distress Inks
and added his cheeky pink cheeks.

The 'Bleecker' label,
which was originally stuck on the reverse of the tag,
was brought round to the front
and onto it I stamped 'PLAYER'.

Does this mean he is a 'player' in
the meaning of sportsman
or a 'player' with
the lay-dees?!

You choose.

Thank you for looking!

XXX

14 comments:

marigold jam said...

Probably both by the look of him. These tags are so clever - but I mustn't get started on anything else till my quilt is finished!

Sabrina said...

Oh I think he is a "player" with the ladies! Those rosy cheeks are the perfect effect. Well done on recovering from the first transfer. Why don't things work the first time round, eh? Well nevermind because the outcome is charming.

We have TJMaxx here. I wonder if it's the same?

craftattack said...

Lovely tag, I love re-using labels, too. Your man looks rather cheeky! Havea nice weekend! Valerie

missy k said...

Since joining in with Tag Tuesday I find myself actually looking at labels when I go shopping!!!

I think he is a 'player' in a sporty sense.... great cheeks!!!!!

Karenx

Susan T said...

Perhaps he just THINKS he is a player, and has has his face slapped soundly for taking advantage. Would explain his pink cheeks. We go to TK Maxx too, it used to be a great place for cut price goodies, but up here it has gone a bit downmarket.

BadPenny said...

Super Tag Jo. I keep mall clothes ' Tags ! I like his determined look.
Just got Joe a warm ski type jacket for New York at TX Maxx hurrahh !

Virginia said...

Gorgeous tag sweetie I love the recycled element of this image. I too had disasters yesterday with transferring an image and ended up using the original instead but it was recoverable LOL!

SusieJ said...

ROFL!! Def. a player in both senses of the word!
Great tag Jo and I too love the recycled element.
Hugs xx

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Fabby tag Jo, Mmmmmm, yes he most prob. does think he's a player with the ladies LOL!!
I love recycling some clothing tags...you can get some good and interesting ones nowadays!
Jan x

Maggi said...

Oh, he is definitely a "playa". lol

Monica said...

The comments on your blog are all offset and in plain text, hard to read.

Lenna Young Andrews said...

whatever his inclination, lay-dees or sports - I like him! You said you did not do much . . . but i beg to differ! You did a lot of stuff until it looked right! Good going, joanna ; ^ ) very nice.

Joanna said...

Thank you, Monica. Is it better now?

Anns Art said...

What a great idea to use a clothes tag - love it.