For my next
Gauche Alchemy project,
I decided to alter a beaten up old
matchbox that has been in my
'things to alter' basket for a gazillion years
(or should I say, one of my many
things 'to-alter' baskets?!).
Come on up, little matchbox,
at last your special moment is here!
This matchbox is a larger matchbox
(6.5cm x 11cm).
First of all I covered the outside of the box
with the top layer of a GA paper napkin.
This one is a stunning peacock feather design
which inspired my colour choices for this project.
Once the glue was dry,
I stuck on a layer of black net
this was not very easy
and had me grinding my teeth a bit).
I neatened up the edges with thin black ribbon
(you know the pesky ribbon that comes in new
clothes that I think is for easier hanging
but then always hangs out of the clothing?).
I then glued a piece of GA Punchinella onto
a corner (I loved the dark petrol colours),
onto which I stuck a GA paper flower
(tinted with ink and edged with glitter glue).
I stuck an old diamante button
- with the shank removed -
into the middle (it's missing a couple of gems
but I rather liked that, giving a
feel of faded glamour).
While that was drying I covered the outside
of the inner tray with black Staz-on ink
and painted the inside with black acrylic paint.
Also on the inside I added a light layer of
glitter glue to give a dark shimmer.
I lined the floor of the tray with mirror card
(from my stash, saved from some
underwear packaging - the packaging turned
out to be better than the underwear!).
I used two types of tape to adhere the film
negative with the film star image (from stash).
I took a GA paper flower (again tinted with
ink and edged with glitter glue), and then
I stitched a GA black bead into the centre of
the flower and stuck it into the box.
Another piece of the mirror card was stuck to
the front of the drawer and a found earring
became a drawer pull.
Finally, onto the bottom of the box
I stuck 4 GA jeans rivets,
so they are now little feet :o)
Thank you for looking!