Sunday, 26 February 2012

'The Meal' and Tag Tuesday 'Poetry and Prose'


was a collaborative project organised by
Art House Co-op
(the Brooklyn Sketchbook people).
On 24th February at 12pm EST
participants were to take a 
photograph of our meal.
Thousands of people from around the world
joined in the sharing of a meal together.

Fun!

12pm EST was 5pm GMT,
and just Hope and I were at home.
Luke and Grant were not due to be home
until 7pm, when we would have our evening meal.

Hmmmmmmm, I don't usually eat at 5pm, 
what to do?

Ahhhh, I know.
I made some double choc chip muffins,
and I sat in the late afternoon sunshine in 
the conservatory with a freshly
baked muffin, a mug of Earl Grey tea,
Rosie Mae at my side and a book.

Rosie is not usually allowed on the 
furniture but she IS allowed on the 
sofa in the conservatory.
Can you see what's grabbing her attention?!

Hope took the photograph for me
before scooting off, with a muffin in hand,
to do her homework.

I'll get the photo printed off tomorrow
and then I'll pop it into the post to go
to the Brooklyn Art Library, USA.
They are going to set up an exhibition 
of all the self portraits submitted.

***

I've missed out a couple of weeks of 


due to there just not being 
enough hours in the day 
:o(

But I really wanted to join in this week.
The theme is 
'Poetry and Prose'.
I haven't done either, really,
but instead chose a song!
Poetry with a tune, 
you could say.

(You are my sunshine)
I used a cute image from Artchix
(I LOVE this sheet full 
of photobooth children),
along with the words from the song
by Oliver Hood and Jimmie Davis.

I have a personal and sentimental
 connection with this song.
I used to sing it to both my children,
both when I was pregnant with them,
and also when they were little.
I also wrote the words around 
the top of the walls of their playroom.

Luke and Hope really are my sunshine :o)

XXX

15 comments:

Virginia said...

I love your tag it's gorgeous and the photo is awesome, loving where Rosie Mae's attention is in the photo LOL!

Hope you've had a great weekend

Tracy said...

The tag caught my eye because every night I still sing that song to my son before bedtime even though he is almost 13...all kids need to know that are valued...

Menopausalmusing said...

I was laughing at the dog's concentration on that muffin too! What a lovely photo of you.

Kath said...

dear Rosie Mae, she's so adorable x

missy k said...

Great photo Jo .... those muffins looks scrummy and I can tell Rosie thinks so too!

Sweet, sweet tag... love the ribbon.

Tea at 5? That so doesn't happen in this house!

Gina said...

What a lovely photograph of you... and Rosie mae of course.

Lenna Young Andrews said...

Oh, how you make me smile ; ) keep being you!! xoxox

Monica said...

very proper. I hope Roseee got one!

Maggi said...

What a sweet tag, my mom used to sing that song to me all the time. :D Great picture for The Meal, you look beautiful!

Katie said...

Well, I would love to join you for a meal of muffins!xo

BadPenny said...

Brilliant fun. Did Rosie Mae get a crumb ?
Lovely tag too

SusieJ said...

Love the tag Jo and your idea of "poetry with a tune" - after the music and lyrics round at the quiz the other week I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find any these days!! lol
Gorgeous pic of you and Rosie Mae - I know that look on a dog's face!!
Hugs xx

Sam said...

Love the tag, that image is so sweet! I used to sing that song to my kids too at bedtime everynight!
Great photo for the arthouse challenge, those muffins look delish, I can see why Rosie may has her eye on them! x

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Gorgeous pic Jo! Loving the look on Rosie Mae's face...Mmmm, I think I'd prefer to look at those scrummy muffins rather than the camera too LOL!!
...and a Fab sentimental tag for poetry week...Very sweet!
Jan x

Irish3 said...

Hi! I dropped by.. haven't been around for a while but wanted to stop in and see what you've been up to. Looks like you've been busy!! In a wonderful way. I'm going to check all your good stuff out right now. Please give Rosie a pat for me!!! Take care!
Deirdre