Saturday, 10 March 2012

The Card Keyper from Privet and Holly


In yesterday's Rocking Friday post
I mentioned the kindness of Suzanne

Now I will explain......


Suzanne had a brilliant, yet simple, idea
(they're always the best ones).
Most of us retail consumers
have gathered loyalty cards, membership cards,
ID cards etc etc and they WRECK purses.

They certainly wrecked mine!
And, whenever I took out one card 
all the others came out with it.

(evidence: one wrecked purse)
So Suzanne, and her mother, devised the idea of 
~ The Card Keyper ~
a very strong ring clip (which is easy to open 
and yet safe) a small and very powerful 
hole punch (this had to be able 
to clip through strong plastic), and
they also wanted to include a couple of 
attractive and durable charms (we are girls, after all).
They spent some time sourcing the right supplies,
'road testing' them along the way. 

(despite appearances, my son is not a serial killer)
Once Suzanne was satisfied with her kit contents
she bagged them up in a cute pouch and
put them in her etsy shop,
offering one as a giveaway on her blog.

I didn't win :o(

HOWEVER,
Suzanne took pity on my pathetic 
whimpering and sent me one anyway :o)

I read the simple instructions
(that has to be a first!),
hole punched my way through 
my MANY loyalty cards
(clearly I am loyal to no one),
membership cards and
discount cards,
popped them onto the ring,
et VOILA!
Lovely FLAT (new) purse,
and a stylish ring with all my cards to hand.

Simples!


Thank you so much, Suzanne.
This is such a super idea and I'm loving it!

Suzanne has just put new stocks
into her etsy shop
so why not pop over and have a look.

Take it from a satisfied 'customer'
this is a product that WORKS!

Edit: on it's first outing today (Sunday), the very 
first shop assistant I came to commented 
- unprompted - 
on what a good idea this card keyper is, 
followed by a discussion amongst me, her, 
and other customers in the queue, what a 
nuisance those cards are in our purses.

XXX

12 comments:

SusieJ said...

Ooh, this is lovely and such a cool idea!
Like you (lol) I am loyal to no-one so need a purse like this..:)
How generous of Suzanne and lucky you.
Hugs xx

craftattack said...

This is a really cool and INTELLIGENT idea, could have been from me! (But it wasn't!) Your son does look rather *wanted* on that photo! Have a good weekend, Hugs, Valerie

Maggi said...

Wow, what a great idea!

Privet and Holly said...

You darling you, thank
you for rocking my WEEK
with this lovely post. The
only thing better than sending
it off via US Mail would have
been delivering it in person : )
Glad you are all organized and
the envy of store clerks!

Love and hugs for a GREAT
weekend....

xx Suzanne

Virginia said...

Oh that is a clever idea and how sweet of Suzanne to send you one anyway, I must admit my purse could do with a bit of a sort out!

Hope you're having a grand weekend

Relyn said...

How smart is that???? I LOVE IT!! Thanks for sharing.

missy k said...

This is such a brilliant idea... lucky you.

btw how are you finding your latest read? I got into this one really fast!!!

Karen

BadPenny said...

Brilliant ! You get the plastic ones, the cardboard ones... I was hunting for a loyalty card for a coffee shop the other day & a pile of them tumbled out - OMG ! I thought - I look like a lady who er, does coffee ( a lot ! )

Sam said...

What a great idea and so simple too! Love the comment about your sons photo, you really make me laugh! x

Tracy said...

What a super idea...hah, I just end up putting all my cards in my ashtray in my van and dig through them when I need one!

Susan T said...

I must get myself one of those, the inside pockets of my purse are giving in and I can never find the card I need. I end up with the story of my life on the cash desk, just to pay for groceries.

Debbie said...

Oh what a fab idea! Thanks for sharing.