Monday, 19 March 2012

Gauche Project - The Busy Bee

My latest project for
Gauche Alchemy
has just been posted on their blog
and all the process details can be seen

(The Busy Bee Has No Time For Sorrow)
I decided to play with a canvas this time,
but used the back rather than the front.
The back was far more interesting and 
meant I had a lovely rough, chunky frame
to work with, around a much smaller canvas.

*

Everyone at Gauche has such a different style
and the blog posts lots of different projects
and how-to videos. I can recommend you
pop over regularly (I'm a follower, of course, 
which means I don't miss anything). 
 They share loads of different
techniques and ideas, and I've learnt such a
lot in the short time I've been with them.

If you do pop over, be sure to say 'hi'
to the Gauche girls - they'd LOVE to know 
you visited and if you enjoyed it.

**Click HERE to Go Gauche!**


XXX


15 comments:

craftattack said...

Nice piece, although I am a lazy bee just now! Valerie

Sabrina said...

Well aren't you brilliant turning that canvas over! It's perfect! You should be very pleased with yourself and it's very Springy to boot!

SusieJ said...

Lovely work Jo - would never have thought of using the back of a canvas - it worked really well..:)
Hugs xx
p.s. I'm a lazy bee like Valerie..:)

sugar Creek said...

Hey I like this!! What did you use for the honeycomb?

Joanna said...

Punchinella!

Jewels said...

Jo - I thought this rocked when the GA Alert showed up in my mail. Just love it ....J

missy k said...

I love your alternative uses for punchinella! Great piece.

BadPenny said...

I love how this has worked so well by turning the canvas over & the honeycomb is perfect.
You are a very Busy Bee !

Susan T said...

I must keep that saying in mind a I sit on my bot and look at the rain. You are such an inventive little soul, who knew that you could make honeycomb look so authentic.

Virginia said...

Gorgeous piece hun, I hadn't realised it was a canvas turned around until you said! Awesome stuff

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

...just catching up here Jo!!..I've been such a lazy blogger lately!! Loving your latest projects, the altered tin, postcards...you have been a busy little bee LOL!!..and I love how you have used the back side of the canvas, the niche looks great with the honeycomb punchinella! Fab creation and I do love a quote too!!
Jan x

trisha too said...

Wonderful, Joanna!

:)

misty said...

ooops, I didn't realize I forgot to stop by! I absolutely love this. Its so unique and creative!

WillieburgScrapper said...

I really like how you switched the canvas and focused on the back- makes for a really interesting design element- this is a great piece!

Kristin said...

Very, very cool! I really love what you've done here ;) xoxo