Thursday, 8 March 2012

March Calendar pages


It's the 8th of the month and 
I've just finished my
March calendar pages as part of the 
organised by the fab Kate Crane.

It was a blessed relief to be able
to use some Spring like colours
after the drab winter months.
The image of the bird amongst the 
cherry blossom is from the wonderful
Graphics fairy
(button on left hand sidebar).
There are a few days that had better
be uneventful because there's no room
to write about them!

The 'day squares' are cut out of disposable 
place mats bought from IKEA many years ago.
Made of thick paper with petals within,
it has the look of falling blossom.
I could never quite bring myself to put them 
out for BBQ sauce to be dripped over,
but thought they were perfect for this :o)

I'll try and visit as many of the other
Calendar Girls as I can 
but you know what it's like.......

XXX



20 comments:

Sue said...

How pretty...like a window onto your world.
xx

Susan T said...

Beautiful, and you are right, it is lovely to see the bright spring colours after what has been a very drab winter.xx

craftattack said...

This is a gorgeous calendar, love the delicate colours and the vintage bird image! Valerie

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

I love this page. Truly a breath of Spring!
hugs & JOY

sugar Creek said...

Uh this is beautiful! I just love it!! xx

Sandra Hall said...

Really like your pink and green colour combo and the splodgy look you've achieved with your page - it looks great! Also like your quote :D

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

What a lovely calendar page,Jo.
Too beautiful to write on:)Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

daisy said...

Love this layout ... a real touch of Spring. Beautifully made xx

SusieJ said...

This is stunning Jo - perfect in fact. The delicate colours and blossom with the bird....agree with Marie...much too pretty to write on. I'd be framing it..:)
Hugs xx

margaret said...

I love your pages! such a lovely colour combination and birdy detail! I'm still trying to do mine, I will have probably forgotten what went on by the time I get them done! Mx

Jewels said...

This is great Jo - you and I are on the same "page" LOL when it comes to Spring colours! J

trisha too said...

Oh my yes, I hear you about the spring colors--your calendar is fabulous, Joanna!

:)

trisha too said...

Oh my yes, I hear you about the spring colors--your calendar is fabulous, Joanna!

:)

Katie said...

These pages are so romantic and Victorian feeling---love love love!

Virginia said...

Oh that's seriously gorgeous sweetie - loving it!

BadPenny said...

Very very pretty x

carole brungar said...

Love your calender page, especially the colours you've used. Very pretty.
x

Lenna Young Andrews said...

I am catching up with your blog Joanna and love this calendar page and the whole idea . . . make a calendar that's a memory and a work of art! Yours is so pretty. I will go check out The kathryn wheel. p.s. I have that same paper with the petals : ))
p.s.s, have you cloned yourself?? hA! You are getting a lot of things accomplished, remember to take a nap - xox lenna

Lynette (NZ) said...

Really pretty page - I love how your sqaures look like windows. Enjoy your coming Spring (we are heading into Autumn here)

Kimberly Gruber said...

your calendar is just gorgeous! I especially love the bird!