Friday, 9 March 2012

What's Rocking My World This Friday! + Postcard Challenge, Canada

Darcy's Postcard Challenge 
is at the end of this post.

(click the pic to play along)
It's been a mixed week
and I've been laughing and smiling 
one minute and then worrying the next.

Just about sums up life, eh?!

Anyway, putting the worries to one side
I'll focus on the laughing and smiling.

***
 This post by Maggi


It made me and Hope laugh until we cried.

Thank you, Maggi ;D

*

This photograph,
found by Hope on her old computer before it 
went to the big computer heaven in the sky.


Taken at Hampton Court a few years ago;
it's Grant's smiling face,
totally oblivious to Luke's focus of attention,
that makes me laugh every time I look at it.
Boys!
It's my computer wallpaper right now,
so I'm laughing a lot!

*

This website,


SO WRONG and SO FUNNY!
You won't be surprised to learn that Luke
introduced it to me.

*

Cally-Cat,
who went hunting at the weekend.
She was outside in the sunshine
and heard some birds chirping in the trees.
Without thinking, she jumped up onto
the garden bench (that shocked her)
and then stood waving a proverbial finger at them!

The birds laughed at her, of course.

And we had to lift her back off the bench.

*

Grant has given the go-ahead for me to drop a day
at work with effect from the 
start of the September term.
I haven't been able to have a chat about it 
with the headteacher at
work yet, but I'm hopeful that all will be ok.

BIG SMILE (more arting time.
Oh yes, Grant, and more cooking, cleaning, 
washing and ironing)
(though less money, aaarrgghh).

*

A very glowing letter home
from Hope's school.

She gets her brains and dedication
from me, FACT.

*

Luke's boss at the barber's 
has offered him 'a chair' after the
apprenticeship ends in the summer.

He gets his creativity from me, FACT.

*

The kindness of Suzanne over at
I'll be explaining why in a separate post
over the weekend.
It deserves a post all of it's own.
In the meantime,
pop over to Suzanne's blog.
She has such a beautiful way of writing.

***

Ok, hopefully that's given you an 
idea of why I've been 
laughing and smiling this week.
I'll post this with Virginia
before visiting the other lovely Rockers.

XXX

Darcy's Postcard Challenge 
this week is
CANADA.
The very first idea that popped into my head 
was a Lumberjack and specifically
"I'm a Lumberjack"
by the wonderful Monty Python,
first performed in 1969 (yikes!!!)......


So here is my postcard
depicting the cross-dressing lumberjack 
(who is, in fact, a deranged barber dreaming 
of being a crossdressing lumberjack!)
with his girlie on his arm.


Oh no, it's the scary hands again!
Fairly scary girlie too!!


Dear Ken,

Hahaha!  By now you
will realise that
Auntie Nerys' 'cannabis' 
plants are, in fact, a
new variety of tomato 
plant.  Forgive my
little joke at your
expense.  I couldn't
resist!  And now you
know what's in my
deposit box, hahaha.

Warm regards, James.

Well thank goodness for that!  
I was rather concerned that Lord James 
had got himself mixed up with the 
supply of illegal drugs. 
I wonder what's in the deposit box,
Lord James doesn't seem too bothered
about our Ken finding out, does he?

Thank you for looking at my postcard
which I had lots of fun putting together.
I'll try and visit as many of the other
Post-Carders as possible,
but please forgive me if I don't 
get to see yours. 
There are only so many hours in the day!

XXX

34 comments:

craftattack said...

Your week seems to have had lots of laughs, which is always good. Glad Cally Cat is making her way in life, she has found a paradise at your place. And good that the kids are doing so well, and that you know who is to blame! Your Postcard is great, and Monty Python a wonderful blast from the past! Have a good weekend, take care, Valerie
Less school sounds like a dream....

Virginia said...

Oh I hope the positives have kept the negatives at bay, will go and check your links in a second. Loving the photo of your boys - like you said - boys! Glowing reports from school and creativity leading to a job - fabulous stuff to celebrate every week!

Intrigued with the separate post about Suzanne but will check out her blog post!

Hope you have a beautiful and blessed weekend

and yay to less days at work to do all those essential jobs around the house, like craft and play with paper LOL

Hugs as always

missy k said...

Fridays just wouldn't be the same without the 'rockin' posts! Keep 'em coming......

Loved the lumberjack postcard :)

Have a great weekend

Love Karenx

BadPenny said...

Thanks for the link - what a giggle !
Smashing photo Hope found ! Really thrilled for Luke the Barber !

Now I'll be singing " I'm a Lumberjack " all day !
Bless Cally Cat. Billy has decided to stay awake for longer & hunt birdys the bad boy !

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

A smiley post, spreading the love! I had a friend Simon who always said any bloke who says he doesn't like looking at boobs is a lier (I am not sure gay blokes would agree) he said he was always grateful for ladies who wear tshirts with pictures or writing on so he didn't get slapped to!

Janet said...

Super theme! Very fond of lumberjacks myself - especially the Python variety. Lovely postcard - especially like the plaid padded shirt!

Janet xx

Sandra Hoogland said...

One of those lumberjacks was also a Rev and married us! :)
Needless to say I love your card this week!!! ♥

artimagica said...

Ohmy goah, that song is sooooo funny! Great idea - i wish i thought of it! :). Great card!

she dreams big! said...

Looks like you had a great week! Now why do I have an urge to wear a plaid flannel shirt today? Oh yeah, it is the lumberjack song that makes me do it!

Sabrina said...

Love your FACTS, and I fully accept them as TRUTHS! For some reason I feel the need to include the phrase: "you go Sista". It's so wonderful to see your kids succeeding and flourishing. LOVE the picture of the boys. I caught my 14 yo giving a similar gander at the cover of the Sports Illustrator Swimsuit edition. It's so "male".

Very original Canada card. I'd completely forgotten about that song. Well done. Now I need to know what's in the deposit box. Tell us soon!

I'm checking your blog links next- want a good chuckle today. Happy Weekend!

sugar Creek said...

Oh that picture is too funny!!
Sounds like you did have a great week! Love the postcard!! xx

Jamie Lynn said...

Fan Tab YOUlous Lumberjack! & a joke at the tomato's expense <3

Margaret said...

vintage python! love your interpretation! and tomato plants, hmm perhaps there's someing more to be revealed, the special ingredient in Regae Regae sauce or the like!! Fab post! Mx

Gina said...

Hahahaha...was it his "suspenders and a Bra!" ? hahaha...:D XXX

Cazro said...

Great Python memories. Fab postcard. Caz

Alison xx said...

Firstly I cannot believe that song is so old !!!!
Secondly your card is wonderful. A xx

Leialoha said...

Loving the lumberjack and the fair maiden...& the seeds are revealed...FABulous fun storyline...aloha.

Glenys said...

Great card...learning so much about Canada this week

Sarah said...

here's to more laughing and smiling and less worrying next week :)

love your Canada postcard, I wonder if anyone did an ice hockey one?

mags21 said...

great lumperjack..and a fun storyline.

Jewels said...

My Home and Native Land - how funny (and did you know it is legal to grow "the weed" in Ontario - my province LOL). Love your card and now I can't stop singing that song....Cheers, J

abby j said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
abby j said...

LOVED the lumberjack postcard and the Monty Python trip down memory lane...thanks for both!

Hugs,
Abby

Susan T said...

I love your "Rockin" posts they never fail to make me smile. The photo of husband and son is a scream, mind you it is Spring and a young man's fancy and all that. Sorry to hear you have worries amongst the smiles. I hope they disappear very soon sweet one.

By the way thank you for the comment on my recent post! it made me snort with laughter, not a pretty sight, but it was OK I was on my own.

SusieJ said...

ROFL @ this one...yes, I followed the link and learnt about setting my microwave on fire...
Loving your list of gratefuls and the wondrous talents you have passed on to your children...:)
And a big thumbs up to DH Grant....more crafting time...yay!!
Hope your weekend is as good as your week.
Hugs xx

Lenna Young Andrews said...

I so love your friday letters to us, Jo! You have a way that make me smile. Your postcard referencing the lumberjack song - I used to watch that monty python skit when I was a girl in my 20's!! So funny. I am still laughing at it! Your tales of Cally-Cat, the photo of your hubby & son, tales of your children's achievements (and who to credit!) . . . all such good, precious stuff of life. Thank you for sharing yours, the world is brighter because of it. xo

Maggi said...

Your week sounds like mine, it's been both the best and worst week ever for me! LOL Thanks for mentioning my post, so glad it could put a smile on your face!

I am so in love with this lumberjack postcard, this is awesome!! lol

Sam said...

Sounds like a great week for you! Love all the 'FACTS' about where your kids talents come from, those made me chuckle! Good news for your son getting offered a chair at the barbers, well done to him and well done to your daughter for the good letter home from the school. Its so great to hear about your kids achievements.
Glad you are allowed to drop a day at work, now you will have lots more time for crafting as well as housework LOL!
Hope you have a great week x

Fotojoy/Joyce said...

Well I can see the Canadian comedy will be part of the postings this week- Love the lumberjack.

NatashaMay said...

Lol! Love the lumberjack postcard! :)

serendipity said...

Super card, can't be that long since the lumberjack song!!
jan

Jen said...

Loved that sketch, can't believe it was that long ago. Great postcard and thanks for sharing the photo, still smiling.
Jen x

Nathalie Thompson said...

Oh My Gosh! I get tears of laughter just THINKING of the Lumberjack Song! heeehee,hoohoo,hahahaha!
Thanks for THAT!
(still gasping from laughter)

gottahavemoxie said...

I'm lovin the lumberjack postcard. Perfect for Canada.