Monday, 2 April 2012

April Calendar Pages

(April 2012 - A cold April The barn will fill)

Well this is pretty good for me - 
it's only the 2nd of the month and 
my calendar pages are ready for the 
Calendar Challenge
I really enjoy doing these pages
each month and I'm getting better 
at filling in the days as they go rather
than getting to the end of the month and
then puzzling about what I've been doing.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do for my 
April calendar pages, having various ideas 
about showers, sunshine, rainbows etc.
But when I was searching through my 
paint drawer I found these eco-green paints....


One of them is called New Grass,
and that just about sums up April for me - 
fresh new grass.
The Green Patina adds a wonderful sheen
which I thought was great for showing the chilly edge 
to the early mornings and evenings.

It also reflects the light 
in the photographs :o(

I found the saying
"A cold April
the barn will fill"
in an old nature book.

***
While you're here
I MUST tell you about a new kit
just out from
It's called
Showstoppers


and there is SO MUCH in it, including;
loads of ephemera pages
patterned papers
a mini album
T!M HOLTZ stamp
Teknikolor color kit
fabric swatches
lace and trims
 Groucho Marx patch
tickets
punchinella
strip of film.

Pop over to the Gauche gang and have
a look for yourself -
there are loads of photos to
give you an idea what you'd be getting.
Click HERE!

XXX

17 comments:

Janique de Suisse said...

very beautiful april pages. I love black and green !!

Maggi said...

Your calendar pages are just so awesome Jo! New kit, huzzah! :D

Jill said...

Love those pages - looks very sophisticated to me.

Anns Art said...

This eco friendly acrylic looks good and your calendar page. I'll be popping over to Calendar Challenge.

Cath Wilson said...

H'mm, that paint looks interesting - love your pages - great work x

missy k said...

Love your April calendar pages....

that's one thing to cross off your list already :)

dianehobbit said...

I agree with the use of green for April.

Katie said...

I love the calendar w/ fresh cut grass! Nice! And, that kit looks like it is full of goodies to play with! Enjoy!

Virginia said...

gorgeous pages Joanna - do we end up having to pay import duty on Gauche Kits, I've never been brave enough to order because I don't know?

Printed Material said...

That is a great colour combination Jo. For some reason I always fight shy of using green in things but I like the sophistication of this and might have to rethink my view! As for that pack of things.... I have a shed full so don't tell us any more please.... I don't need the temptation!

Joanna said...

Virginia, that's a good question about ordering Gauche kits from the USA. All I know is that I haven't had to pay import duty YET. I'll ask the Gauche girls if they've heard of anyone having to pay it and get back to you.

x

flutterbycrafter said...

Great work, love the green

Kristin said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! Your page and your new goodies! have so much fun and Happy Easter to you, xoxo

SusieJ said...

Love the calendar pages Jo..:)
I too would love to know about duty o parcels from Gauche..I'm seriously tempted by the new kit...but have been caught out before..:(
Hugs xx

Milla said...

Gorgeous pages!

BadPenny said...

Ooh gorgeous kind of mossy colour. We still have no grass...sigh
If you like moss pop over to Ted & Bunny (link on my sidebar ) - her garden is a mossy delight !

thekathrynwheel said...

OOh, lovely spring greens :-) You were well on time this month (better than me LOL!) Love the black and green combo .