Monday, 16 April 2012

Gauche Affirmation Cards


My latest project is up on the blog over at
and it's an Affirmation Card ring.



I got my inspiration from Suzanne over at
who sent me a loyalty card ring,
a concept she dreamed up and developed,
called a Card Keyper.
It's brilliant and gets positive comments 
whenever I hand over a loyalty card.


I thought it would be fun to do similar 
but with affirmation cards on a ring.



I used a loyalty card as a template,
drawing round it onto 140lb watercolour paper
(it's less likely to buckle or warp).
I then had the time of my life painting,
spraying, smooshing, dabbing and stamping.

Note to self: do NOT use a dribbly spray bottle 
an hour before going out for a romantic meal with ones
husband.  It won't come off and apparently having a wife 
with blue hands is something of a passion killer ;o)


I then added various affirmations to my card 
backgrounds, both hand written and rubber stamped.
 I had 11 cards and made them double 
sided so ended up with 22 affirmations.
(Affirmations allow you to consciously harness the
power of positive thinking and direct it to whatever
part of your body, life or spirit that needs attention.
Strangely, I couldn't find one about the 
positive benefits of having blue hands).


I added an eyelet to the corner of each card 
and fed them onto a book ring, adding a 
charm.  You could add more charms, ribbons 
etc but I want to leave room for more cards 
for when I have a go at new techniques as  
it's also become a technique sample card ring.


To finish, a couple of coats of Mod Podge 
or similar will seal and protect the cards.

XXX

14 comments:

craftattack said...

I LOVE this, great idea! Looks like you really had fun! Valerie

The Scrappy Tree said...

Loving the backgrounds! And they look awesome together, love this idea :)

sugar Creek said...

Those are wonderful! Boy you have been busy busy lately;)

Jill said...

What a great idea - your cards look really terrific.

Monica said...

they are really super.
you can send the blue hand idea to the group who advocates no sex before marriage and has teens sign the pledge. maybe showing a blue hand could be their sign!

SusieJ said...

Cool idea Jo! Love all the different techniques and the affirmations.
Did have a giggle at the blue hands though (and Monica's idea..lol)...I know that feeling.
Hugs xx

Katie said...

This is soooo cool, Jo! And I'll bet the dribble paint only added to your look!

Privet and Holly said...

This is simply
brilliant, my friend!
I can think of so
many affirmations
that I would like to
have at my fingertips : )
As usual, you do a
very lovely job ~ blue
hands and all!!!

Happy New Week!

xx Suzanne

BadPenny said...

Love it Love it Love it ! Wow Jo, I can't keep up with you...you're on a creative roll !

This is a super idea & I adore the cards. Someone made a friend something like this when she was doing through a difficult time.

Roddy always has blue hands from antifouling boats... now that Jess works for him guess what ? Yes Blue Hands !

missy k said...

What a brilliant idea Jo.... I can see how much you must have enjoyed this :)

misty said...

These are AWESOME!

Sam said...

These are wonderful! x

Susan T said...

What a lovely idea to have affirmation/inspiration cards on a key ring. Boy could I do with some of those at the moment. I think you could be a trend setter here.xx

Nancy K. said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL! Another great idea. I can see I will have to become a regular visitor of this blog...