Saturday, 5 May 2012

Blended Paper Background and Image Transfer Tutorial

I have received requests from people 
(ok, one person - Carmen)
for details on how to create the 
Blended Paper Backgrounds 
that I often use in my artwork.
Gauche Alchemy was also looking for a tutorial on
Image Transfers,
so I put the two together and
up on the Gauche Alchemy blog is my


I learned the basic blended paper technique
from Mary Green's
FANTASTIC online classes
Collage Coterie (sadly no longer available),
and I've developed it to
 suit my own style.

All the details are over on the blog
but I'll leave you with a few teaser photos.....






Ok, that's all you're getting here.
Want to see more?
Pop on over to Gauche Alchemy
by clicking
While you're there, if you could leave 
some love in the form of a comment 
I'd be ever so grateful
'cos then the Gauche Girls will think
I actually have some friends..... ;D

XXX

ps I received my Washi tape order from
the Gauche Alchemy shop last week.
Oh, it's all so lovely!!!
**For UK readers, I wasn't charged any tax**.
Gauche have had new stocks and there are
lovely luscious new combos to check out,
have a sneaky peek by clicking

X


13 comments:

craftattack said...

Lovely, thanks for sharing! Valerie

BadPenny said...

I love your style Jo - popping over right now to see how you do it !

Sabrina said...

Jo is sharing secrets? I'm on it!

Margaret said...

oooohhhh love these pages, very you too! will check out your links, I feel a bit of an urge to art coming on! Mx
p.s Callie cat is a star, loved that post!

Susan said...

Oh thank you!! I've always admired your backgrounds!!

missy k said...

Good work Jo.... those classes of Mary's were brilliant fun.

Susan T said...

I left a long comment Jo and I lost it, arrgh. Anyway suffice to say I especially love the young lady with the key, it could be the cover of a book, what a story it would be, and she is now in Clink. OOH Madam.

Carmen said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you Jo :D

I'm printing that article off to keep I am! Indeedy!

Sue said...

This is fabulous Jo, thanks so much for sharing x

Printed Material said...

That's an excellent tutorial Jo. I want to try the charcoal pencil around the image. I'm off to sharpen it and have a go right now!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

superb! But of course I already caught it on Gauche Alchemy, with your excellent tutorial. I am glad you gave the links & some teaser photos here! A+

Terri Neggers said...

I'm sooo heading right on over there!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Oh I love your arty style Jo! LOVING the little teasers!! off to check out the link...Thanks for sharing!!
Jan x