Welcome Friends

ICAD{2} x 3

Against all the odds
I'm keeping up with ICAD{2}
(Index-Card-A-Day).

Here are the latest three.....

(June 11th 2012 - 'gelatin print and temporary tattoo love')
I had some fun playing with
DIY gelatin printing plates.
The temporary body tattoo has been lurking
in my stash for a long time.

(June 12th 2012 - British Summer Time)
UK readers will relate to this one!
The background is water soluble wax crayons,
smooshed with water and distressed by 
sanding down with sand paper.
I liked the soft 'blankety' effect.
Faux stitching round the edge.

(June 13th 2012 - Hope)
I love this poem by Emily Dickinson -

'Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops - at all.'

'My' Hope has been grinding her way through the 
end of academic year exams and she's tried so hard.

The card has shimmer from Lumiere paints.
The feather got squashed in the scanner
and is a prettier shape IRL.

***

Luke, Hope and I are going to the local 
cinema tonight to see
'Frankenstein
National Theatre Live'.


It is a filmed theatre performance,
starring 
Benedict Cumberpatch as the monster
and Jonny Lee Miller as the doctor.

(in make-up)
Cumberpatch and Miller both won an 
Olivier award for their performance.

It looks good and I'll let you know 
if it is good tomorrow!

XXX

11 Response to "ICAD{2} x 3"

  1. lettice leaf says:
    14 June 2012 12:19

    Hi Jo,

    Just found you again, love the new look blog. It made me have a try with mine. Trouble is... I'm hopeless, so jiggled and joggled then went back to the original.

    Love the Emily Dickinson poem, bet that justs sums up your wonderful little lassie?

    LLX

  2. SusieJ says:
    14 June 2012 12:23

    Love the index cards (totally relate to the blanket!) and am v.v.v. jealous that you're going to see Benedict....sigh...
    Hugs xx

  3. missy k says:
    14 June 2012 13:23

    fun index cards jo....

    snuggling up under a blanket made me smile!!!! i related!

    though have to say sunny here today :)

    enjoy that film... good make up artists!

    karenx

  4. craftattack says:
    14 June 2012 16:01

    Love the cards. The blanket is just as necessary over here, I wore my boots today! Valerie

  5. Karen Isaacson says:
    14 June 2012 16:29

    love love love the gelatin print card. I've been working my way through a stash of gelatin print papers I made last year. running low - time for more fun!

  6. Jewels says:
    15 June 2012 03:07

    Wow -we've been watching Benedict in the Sherlock Holmes series which just finished on our Public TV station.. a change of pace for him. You know I love the tags...J

  7. Virginia says:
    15 June 2012 08:02

    Oh interested to see what you think of the performance I do like him as an actor. Glad you are keeping up with the challenge - I didn't even start this one LOL

  8. BadPenny says:
    15 June 2012 08:23

    gorgeous gorgeous makes Jo. Enjoy the film. ..it sounds fab. Jess & I are taking Joe to see the pre- Aliens film after his last exam today !

  9. JansArtyJunk says:
    15 June 2012 08:45

    The index cards look like a fun challenge Jo...Lol at snuggling under a blanket one....typical british weather eh! :O
    Hope you enjoyed the film...
    Jan x

  10. Carmen says:
    15 June 2012 09:14

    I totally thought that was real stitching on the blanket one! No snuggling for me, am permanently hot at the moment - think it's my mini heater in my tum.

    Loving all these cards again.

    Am v. jealous about Frankenstein, that make-up is amazing. Can't wait to see what you thought :)

  11. Dezinaworld says:
    15 June 2012 20:03

    Hi Joanna,
    I just wanted to pop by and say hello as i dont get enough chances to do so. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog too. Hey i love that Snuggling up under a blanket ... soooo true hehe
    hugs June x