Welcome Friends

July Calendar Pages

I'm late getting this finished but 
my July pages for
are finally done.

I gesso'd the book pages
and while still wet pressed 
corrugated cardboard into it,
and then again, in the other direction.
The blue background 
(water soluble wax crayons)
is the sky and the acrylic
 white/grey are clouds.

I love cloud gazing, don't you?

I drew the day squares,
there were rather a lot to 
squeeze on this month!

I thought the English Proverb,
"If the first of July be rainy weather
It will rain, more or less, 
for four weeks together."
rather too appropriate.......!

Finally, I did some of Kate's
faux stitching around the outside edge.

I'll try and get round to the other
Calendar Girls, but you know what
it's like...... ;o)

XXX

13 Response to "July Calendar Pages"

  1. Virginia says:
    7 July 2012 17:03

    Gorgeous pages hun, loving the blue skies thoughts - not that we've seen many of them recently!

  2. Anesha says:
    7 July 2012 18:00

    Fab page, love how you created your background.

  3. scrappyjen says:
    7 July 2012 20:21

    That is lovely. Really subtle colours. Great stuff. jenx

  4. Devon says:
    7 July 2012 20:26

    This looks great - I love the blues and the day boxes.

    I have done that nail art post now! x

  5. Monica says:
    8 July 2012 00:38

    love cloud gazing. here 7844ft above sea level in Buena Vista CO, it is the first internet connection in 3 days. Clouds here fantastic and the mountains come in and out of them.

  6. missy k says:
    8 July 2012 10:08

    Great calendar pages.... yes that quote looks like it is trying too hard come true..... though I can report a blue sky here today.... hard to believe I know!

    Yes, cloud gazing is such a lovely pastime :)

    What do you do on the little squares... write, draw, stick things? Have you shared any completed ones?

    Karenxxxx

  7. BadPenny says:
    8 July 2012 10:32

    lovely lovely. So much rain - ENOUGH ALREADY !!!

  8. SusieJ says:
    8 July 2012 12:21

    Lovely pages....but did you have to use that quote???? lol
    Hugs xx

  9. craftattack says:
    8 July 2012 14:12

    Now we know who's to blame for using that quote....Nice pages, hope you get to see some blue skies and white clouds this month. Valerie

  10. Caro says:
    9 July 2012 21:22

    I especially like the layout with all those cute yet slightly wonky squears.

  11. Susan T says:
    10 July 2012 10:14

    How on earth can you remember blue skies - they seem so very long ago. I watched the last half of the men's finals at Wimbledon. Now that is what I need a roof.

  12. Merry says:
    17 July 2012 21:46

    Wow a wonderful page...love the day squares and the shadows.

  13. thekathrynwheel says:
    30 July 2012 21:22

    Oops! Here I am sneaking in at last minute! Well, it’s still July isn’t it?! Well done for keeping up so far! Love the background blue, and how you drew the squares for each day. I keep saying I'll have a go at that method but then I slip into my old ways!