Wednesday, 25 July 2012

My Last Gauche Alchemy Project. EVER.

My FINAL project for
is up on their blog,
and all the details can be seen

(The caged bird sings of freedom)
My inspiration for this piece was
the cardboard inner ring 
from a roll of Sellotape.


I used:
aforementioned Sellotape inner,
wire,
beads,
small piece of cardstock,
pom-poms
and the image of the bird (from The Graphics Fairy).

The title,
"The caged bird sings of freedom"
is from the poem 
by Maya Angelou,
the words of which are heartbreaking.

Anyway, it's now time for me to 
wave goodbye to being on the team
of the Gauche Alchemy gals.
I've had great fun during my time with them
and I hope you will continue to visit their blog
to see what great ideas they come up with
(their well of ideas NEVER dries up!).

I know I will!

XXX

15 comments:

craftattack said...

Nice piece. Caged birds are always so sad. Is this really the last one for Gauche? Enjoy your holidays, Valerie

Virginia said...

Gorgeous bird hun, loving it, glad you enjoyed your time on Gauche I've loved seeing your work on their!

Hope you're having a good day!

Hugs

Sam said...

Oh I love it! Gald you enjoyed your time with them x

Mary Brockway said...

Beautiful!! And sad. I guess its kind if an appropriate piece :-) Love and luck!!! xx

Scraps said...

We'll miss you, Miss Jo! Best of luck to you!

Monica said...

it must be your bird week! So rather than cage Lovey Dovey you made your own birdie. Do not forget to feed!

sugar Creek said...

Wow that is amaaazzing!! Truly I just love it! xx

Terri Neggers said...

What a way to go out! That is fabulous - I'm so going to make one...off to the gauche alchemy site for more details...

Jewels said...

Sweet Jo - different for you? You are so creative...j

JansArtyJunk said...

Oh what a clever project...love your wire cage Jo...fabby job!

BadPenny said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous ! Hated seeing the birds in tiny cages in Spain - wanted to free them. In Barcelona there is a tree full of paraquites escaped I hope !

SusieJ said...

Love it Jo! And, yes, that poem is heartbreaking.
Sorry that this is your last Gauche project - I've enjoyed seeing all your projects.
Hugs xx
p.s. you've just given me an idea for a photoless LO!!

Susan T said...

Your seemingly endless imagination has come up with another lovely creation. Let me loose on a empty roll of sellotape and it would look nothing like this.

WillieburgScrapper said...

Love this project! That poem is one of my all time favorites. Can you believe I had a chance to say something to Maya but was too tongue tied to try? One of my all time regrets! Beautiful sentiment- beautiful project- I know why the caged bird sings as well.

Laura said...

I love the cage! Beautiful project!