Welcome Friends

62/64

Grant, Hope and I went to 
Wisley today for the

(Life Leaf by Mark Reed)
I'd kinda misread the dates
and rushed us along there today
 thinking it was the last day but it is, 
in fact, on until the end of September, doh!

(Dragonfly on a Leaf by Darren Greenhow)
There were 64 sculptures on display
provided by the Surrey Sculpture Society,

(We Three Snails by Lyn Batty)
a mix of amateur and professional artists.

(Leap by Olivia Ferrier)
We saw 62 out of the 64
because 2 of them were unavailable due to
preparations being made for an awards ceremony
in the temperate greenhouse.

(Spring Fever by Harriet Francis)
This one, Spring Fever,
 was Grant's favourite.
He's such an old romantic - 
he likes happy couples.

(What's That I Hear by Anna Pohorely)
Hope really liked this little chap 
- What's That I Hear -
he had such a cute little expression 
with his head cocked slightly to one side.

(Doggles by Angie Doy)
I loved this one - 
Doggles by Angie Doy.
He had that look on his face that 
dogs have when they've got their heads
out of the window of a moving vehicle.


These seahorses were beautiful.

(Mr and Mrs by Rosalind Read)
There were a huge variety of sculptures
but I am rather drawn to natural forms
and so tended to focus on them.

(Iggy by Jean Gunn)
All the artwork was for sale;
some were OOAK's and others 
were offering limited editions.
(Faith, Hope, Love by Erica Renelt)
I really liked how the sculptures were
situated in the sympathetic and 
natural surroundings.

(Relaxing Hare by Peter Clothier)

This piece, by 
Jonathan Hately, is called '365'
and is the result of a project to
make a small piece of sculpture 
every day for a year.
He explains all on his blog.


Each small bas-relief sculpture has been
created and then put together
to form the shape of a 
'spadix of the arum family'.


It really is amazing, 
the attention to detail is stunning.

(Mr Logicowl by Patricia Sindall)
I'll stop showing you sculptures now,
for fear of scaring you off forever.

We really enjoyed our trail -
the sculptures were fantastic,
the weather stayed dry
and we had an ice cream :)

*
Tomorrow, we're all going to 
the Paralympics, to see the 
Wheelchair Basketball.


I'll be waving my Union flag with pride.

XXX








20 Response to "62/64"

  1. Carmen says:
    30 August 2012 19:57

    Gorgeous, all completely gorgeous. I really love that photo you took of Doggles facing him full on :D

    Have fun tomorrow - bet you'll have lost your voice by Saturday :D

  2. marigold jam says:
    30 August 2012 20:44

    Wisley eh? I used to go there often when we lived in Guildford. Those sculptures are well worth a visit - think perhaps I like the hare best. Emjoy the paralympics hope GB win!

  3. Gill says:
    30 August 2012 21:30

    Fantastic! I love 365! I'm off to check out his blog!
    Thanks!

  4. artymess says:
    30 August 2012 21:43

    Cool sculptures i love the doggies and the 365 one ......the dragonfly was in Hillier's art in the garden ...I had a pic of it on my blog a little while ago ...........I love sculptures in a garden ...x

  5. artymess says:
    30 August 2012 21:44

    Cool sculptures i love the doggies and the 365 one ......the dragonfly was in Hillier's art in the garden ...I had a pic of it on my blog a little while ago ...........I love sculptures in a garden ...x

  6. Jewels says:
    31 August 2012 02:59

    Wow Jo - hard to choose a favorite as they are all just wonderful (though I loved the seahorses and the dog). Thanks for posting! Enjoy the games!

  7. craftattack says:
    31 August 2012 06:57

    The sculpture park looks fantastic, lovely setting, too. Enjoy the paralympics! Valerie

  8. Eileen says:
    31 August 2012 07:17

    Wonderful sculptures.
    I'm sure you'll enjoy the whole Paralympics experience.

  9. missy k says:
    31 August 2012 07:25

    It looks wonderful...... I love the dog with the googles best! What a fun day out and ice cream too :)

    Karenx

  10. missy k says:
    31 August 2012 07:25

    It looks wonderful...... I love the dog with the googles best! What a fun day out and ice cream too :)

    Karenx

  11. Virginia says:
    31 August 2012 08:11

    Oh they are gorgeous, we're looking forward to the Beyond Limits sculpture exhibition at Chatsworth, although this year it's just one artist whereas in previous years its been a mix, so we're not sure if it will be as good, but will report back obviously.

    Have a fabulous time at the basketball game, we were watching it on TV last night - utterly amazing!

  12. Susan T says:
    31 August 2012 09:09

    Love the sculptures, the dog, the Hately piece.

    Enjoy the basketball.xxx

  13. Alix says:
    31 August 2012 09:52

    The Sculpture Exhibition looks great. I love your favourite, and the loving duckies as well as the leaping amphibian, oh and '365'! I have never been to Wisley though it is only half an hour away - must put this right sometime soon! Have a great time at the basketball
    x

  14. Margaret says:
    31 August 2012 14:06

    Wow what a great exhibition, so much to see and such a variation in styles.
    Doggles is superb! love him, I want to put him in my garden. 365 is also very cool, I like these longer projects that really develop as they go aong.
    Mx

  15. Sabrina says:
    1 September 2012 00:34

    Fantastic!!! I love 365 and I also like Happy Couple - I think that was it - the one Grant liked. So sweet! What a great outing. My oldest would like a trip like that, but the rest of the family . . . no way, I'd never get them to go! Luckily I can see your coverage and pretend!

  16. web design Bangalore says:
    1 September 2012 06:05

    the sculpture is really awesome. great post. web design bangalore

  17. LOVE STITCHING RED says:
    1 September 2012 11:44

    Your blog's looking lovely ... lovely! Have a super weekend x

  18. Printed Material says:
    1 September 2012 19:50

    I think Doggles would steal my heart too Jo! I want one in my garden!

  19. SusieJ says:
    5 September 2012 17:04

    Ooh, really good stuff!
    I like the one Hope liked and also 365...so much detail!
    Fab. setting too.
    Hugs xx

  20. SusieJ says:
    5 September 2012 17:04

    Ooh, really good stuff!
    I like the one Hope liked and also 365...so much detail!
    Fab. setting too.
    Hugs xx