Saturday, 11 August 2012

Out of the Journal - Week 2


It's good for me to have 
challenges like this one, 
it helps to focus my butterfly brain.

I enjoyed Week 2 with
Dina Wakley's
and I did this one for my friend, 
Carmenover at Whoopidooings.
She is expecting a baby and has 
been suffering with the heat.
She's discovered that the only way 
for her to cope is to consume 
vast quantities of ice pops!


I painted this on a 5"x7" canvas board,
and used; 
gesso, 
acrylic paint, 
water soluble wax crayons,
oil paint sticks, 
POSCA paint pens, 
charcoal pencil,
and Glossy Accents.


I used Glossy Accents to make 
it look icy cool.

Thank you for dropping by :)

XXX

ps Carmen, this will be in the 
post to you on Monday!

19 comments:

Anns Art said...

It works...definitely cool looking. I love the addition of the Glossy Accents.

marigold jam said...

Looks very cool - I am sure she'll love it!

Monica said...

Love the translucent effect.

SusieJ said...

It looks good enough to eat..or should I say lick? Very cool...in both senses!
Hugs xx

Sabrina said...

Jo, the colors (colours!) are extraordinary! The blend of yellow-orange with that perfect blue background. Wow! I am so loving this one! I'm sure it will give Carmen a nice boost! You are talented AND thoughtful.

Laura said...

I love it- perfect summer canvas. I really like how you can see the layres through the ice pop painting. This reminds me of a vintage advertisement.

scarlett clay said...

That looks awesome!! I want an ice-pop now!

Anesha said...

Great colours.

Jane Housham said...

Ooh, lovely. The lolly looks SO icy!

clare said...

fabulous ice lolly canvas! hopped over from dina's blog to see what everyone else has created! x

missy k said...

That does look cooling.... reminds me of a Rocket Lolly... did they exist or am I imagining it?

Great work!

Karenx

Katie said...

oh wow! I love it!!

JansArtyJunk said...

LOVE your rocket lolly JO...you have blended the colours beautifully...a very COOL piece of art!! Jan x

Sam said...

Love it!! x

Dina said...

Fun & whimsical!

Carmen said...

Oh wow - here I'm sat, melting but wanting to catch up on the blogs... and I see this! You are lovely Jo :D I adore it :DLove the colours... and that blending as always sends me in a jealous tizz!

And I totally showed myself up at the weekend eating an ice-lolly while walking around the bootfair, oblivious to it melting all down my top! Can't take me anywhere :D

Thank you, thank you, thank you :D

Terri Neggers said...

This turned out great Joanna! Wonderful shading and highlighting and texture on the popsicle, I want to reach out and grab it!

Sue said...

What a great piece! I feel cooler just reading about ice pops!

donnalouiserodgers said...

Carmen will love it - it is fabulous...

dxxx