Welcome Friends

Life is a circus, enjoy the show!

Jewels and I arranged another swap,
and we settled on her suggested theme of
'Vintage Circus'.


Our swap comprised of a
6"x 4" postcard
sent in a Mail Art envelope.


I have the original photograph of the
'Ringmaster'
(or should I say Ringmistress?)
which I found in a charity shop.
20p to them, treasure to me.


I sent it in this envelope.

Thank you for the swap, Jewels!
(I sent mine before Jewels has even had a chance to 
make hers - I like to keep her on her toes, haha!).

XXX

17 Response to "Life is a circus, enjoy the show!"

  1. Sandi McLean says:
    11 September 2012 18:38

    What a treasure!

  2. Monica says:
    11 September 2012 19:08

    How fortunate you had the photo.

  3. craftattack says:
    11 September 2012 21:20

    Lovely card and envelope! Great photo, too! Valerie

  4. Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff says:
    11 September 2012 22:00

    Wonderful, as always, love it!

  5. Printed Material says:
    11 September 2012 22:06

    You obviously go to a better class of charity shop Jo. I'd have hyper ventilated if I'd come across that card for 20p. Lucky you... and turned into a great peace of mail art, clever girl.

  6. Terri Neggers says:
    12 September 2012 00:33

    Ah, vintage circus - just makes me happy! Love love the picture, what a great find, and I love what you did with it!

  7. Jewels says:
    12 September 2012 03:09

    I still can't get over where you found that pic - it is just wonderful - I know I would NEVER find anything like it at my local Sally Ann LOL. I really love my mail art Jo and yes the heat is on (egad I thought it would take AT LEAST 2 weeks to get across the pond buying me a little time to get mine done).

  8. Privet and Holly says:
    12 September 2012 03:55

    Girlie, you are SO
    clever and I love how
    exuberant your swaps
    always are.....so you : )
    Beautiful!

    Happy Tuesday,
    xo Suzanne

  9. Eileen says:
    12 September 2012 06:50

    I love that postcard, what a wonderful find!

  10. Alix says:
    12 September 2012 07:06

    I love the little masterpiece you created - what a fortuitous find that photo was! It makes me sad when I find 'lost' photos when I am sorting at the charity shop, but now I know they can go on to be cherished again!
    x

  11. Susan T says:
    12 September 2012 08:24

    I am sure that lovely little girl is happy to be part your beautiful artwork. I bought a stamp an inkpad and some nice card yesterday, I am making some recipe cards. It is a start!

  12. missy k says:
    12 September 2012 08:38

    Treasure indeed..... and for 20p!!!

    Great find!

    I love what you have done... the lettering and the perfect

    I am itching to do some arting but other things are calling me this week with Livi being home this week... we've had a pretty lovely but packed week so far.... and Elliott and Charlotte are coming home for his 21st on Saturday so busy busy busy :)

    I bet you are not missing your day at work :) Which two days are you doing now?

    Not long to Corfu now.... :)
    Love to all

    Karenxxxx

  13. SusieJ says:
    12 September 2012 12:35

    Wonderful postcard and mail art! That image was a real find!
    Hugs xx

  14. Lenna Young Andrews says:
    12 September 2012 18:32

    what fabulous mail art! Jewels will be so tickled. This is a good thing!! I always like when a friend keeps me on my toes : ) Great use of colour and of that fun photo, Jo. Love this!

  15. Carmen says:
    12 September 2012 23:02

    Gorgeous. Love what you did with the image (and what a find in the first place!) and really love the colours you've used - real vintagey effect!

  16. Katie says:
    13 September 2012 01:08

    Fabulous! And that envelope really makes it even better!!!

  17. Carolyn Dube says:
    13 September 2012 16:06

    Too much fun!!! I love the circus and these capture it so perfectly!