Friday, 14 September 2012

What's Rocking My World This Friday! and other stuff.

(click the pic if you want to join in!)
Hello and Happy Friday to you.
This week's list of smiles starts now....

***
Late summer weather,
crisp and dewy in the mornings
and warm and sunny in the afternoons.

Getting-stuff-done kind of weather.

*
I'm becoming brave in my old age :)
I have evicted several spiders from the house,
where in the past I would have placed a glass
over them for Grant to deal with when he came
in from work.

One of the blighters,
an 8-legged genetically pumped up monster,
was fighting with me as Hope was screaming,
 "Look at it's jaws!!"
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it had JAWS!

I feel bad chucking them out into the garden 
because they are house spiders that want to 
live in the house BUT it's us humans that 
pay the mortgage and we don't want lodgers.

*
Rosie Mae and her wet dog smell -
they could bottle it and I'd buy it!
She's been going on a digging spree
this week and we have several deep holes
surrounded by wet earth in various parts 
of the garden. Luckily we didn't have a 
beautiful garden to start with!

*
Grant, who has a weekend off -
the first weekend off he's had for, 
well, I can't remember how long.

I'll be cooking a roastie on Sunday :)

*
Electric blanket bargains in Boots
for Luke and Hope.
£10 each, 
super-dooper timer ones with
adjustable temperature dials.
They will be as snug as bugs in rugs.

***
That's about it for this week.
I'll post this with Virginia and 
visit the other Rockers later.

XXX

I've (finally) finished
my September pages for

(September Morn)

(detail)
I don't love them, but I couldn't improve them
no matter how much I fiddled with them 
so I'm calling it a day 
(half way through the month!).

(Please note: hand carved square day stamp!)

I was trying to depict the fading colours 
of Summer that are  seen in September,
along with blackberry juice and the 
beginning of Autumn's leaf fall.
I've used words from a favourite 
Neil Diamond song of mine,
September Morn.

Beautiful.


***
And lastly and maybe leastly,
some Mail Art I sent in for
a Mail Art exhibition in USA.


I used the same image and sentiment as 
the 4 x 6 and Mail Art I sent to Jewels.

Ok, enough already, I'm going!
Thank you for hanging around,
wishing you a lovely weekend :)

XXX

23 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

Sounds like a typical week, I am happy to hear others don't have everything perfect either LOL I think you captured berry juice, I am wanting to eat some now. Great mail art! Lovely weekend to you!

SusieJ said...

Lovely week...I hope you and Grant have a fab. weekend..:)
Like the calendar pages..you def. captured berry juice!
Hugs xx
p.s. I'm cringing at the thought of the spider with jaws!

craftattack said...

I like your calendar, you'd better start on October now....Evict all the spiders you want, it's your house! Have a nice weekend, enjoy your roast, and Rosie-May's perfume - canal number 5? Valerie

Susan T said...

You and Grant deserve some quality time together, have a happy time enhanced no doubt by Eau de wetpooch, it sounds quite exotic if you say it in a French accent.

I used to be SO scared of spiders until Alan explained how they eat all the bugs for us. I let them go now and scurry off with their hairy legs and funny feelers ugh.

Ps Very pleased with Abel and Cole so far.

JansArtyJunk said...

Stunning mail-art Jo!!
Well done you for being brave with the spiders, we've also had some monster ones in the house just lately..I'm sure some of them have been on steroids!! :O
Have a fabby weekend with hubby!x

krisandkreate said...

Your calendar pages are lovely - don't know why you aren't happy. Lokks like you've had a good old spray :)

Virginia said...

Hi Joanna

A fabulous list, loving the strange weather too (sort of - bit cool here tonight).

You are so brave dealing with the spiders, anything over money spider and I'm no good

Hope Grant enjoys his weekend off with you all!

Rosie Mae enjoying the garden - fabulous stuff!

Roastie on Sunday can we have an invite haven't done a roastie in an age

Bargains are fabulous and loving your September page it has a Japanese feel to it don't you think?

Hope you have a beautiful and blessed weekend

Hugs

Anns Art said...

I don't rescue the spiders, I STAMP on them! I hate them so much, and this time of year they come indoors....not for long here though!

Monica said...

Ah Bodecia! rises like a phoenix to drive out the invader spiders

Natasha said...

:) I love spiders and always take them outside. My beloved is not a big fan, so I am the spider rescuer person in this house.

I love a good bargain always! And I love the mail art you sent for the exhibition.

Enjoy the roast, and the weekend with your family.

Marjie Kemper said...

September looks great! Can you believe we're this far in? Love that writing you have down the right hand side.

scarlett clay said...

I like your calendar pages and your mail art! Have a great weekend! (PS. there's no spider lodging allowed in my house either! :)

Eileen said...

I like autumn... and especially now as it's still quite warm.
I agree with you about damp dog smell,
and well done Rosie Mae for helping you with the gardening :-)

missy k said...

Hi Jo

Glad you are managing to evict the spiders... there are so many in the garden too. Big ones!!!

I'm not a fan of any doggy smells - much prefer a scented candle!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend with Grant .... this time next week....... :)

Hope that Luke and Hope like their blankets... I like a cold bed but with a hot water bottle for really cold nights - just for my feet!!!

Loving your calendar pages.... I can see the berry influence :)

Great Mail Art... all post should look this good!

It's a beautiful sun shiny day here... hooray. Maybe we will have one of those rare Indian Summers I always dream of!!!

Love to you all

Karenx

Jill said...

Love your idea for a stamp for the calendar - looks fine to me, it will be different when filled in. A glorious Saturday here, sunny but not too hot to do things - perfect. Enjoy yours.

Lenna Young Andrews said...

wonderful post as always, Jo! Even though your September calendar page is subtle, I like it very much. Nice and layered, just like september! You rock!

BadPenny said...

I can pick a spider up in my hand now when I used to screech !
Have a lovely weekend xx

Margaret said...

What a lovely post, you've captured the fading of summer so well! I put an extra blanket on the bed last night, the temps are getting just right for curling up.

Gorgeous September pages, love the colour and your mail art is fab! Mx

Sam said...

Urghhh to the spiders...I have real phobia of them, I can't even get close enough to put the glass over them, I have to scream for help!
Lovin the mail art and your calendar page and the hand carved stamp!
Enjoy your roast dinner!
Have a great week x

Carmen said...

I always try to evict spiders if I can. Not fond of them but hate flies more. We've had an invasion of grotesque horrible fat flies in the garden today. Honestly, so big you can see their hairy legs. Craig was despatched to dispose of them. They make my skin crawl. Spiders can stay because they eat flies! Though you are brave getting rid of one with big slobbery jaws!

Wet dog smell - ewwwww. But Craig loves it too. You're both a pair of freaks! :D

Love the colours in your September page and the fabulous hand cut stamp!

Have a great week Jo :)

misteejay said...

The weather has certainly been strange this week but at least it was bright and warm most afternoons.

Don't like spiders and we tend to get a lot of outside ones near the back door - horrid if you forget and walk out straight into a web yuk!!!

I love your September pages and think the sq stamp is great.

Have a fab week.

Toni xx

misty said...

Love them! I wish I could be there to see your process! It amazes me how you do what you do!

thekathrynwheel said...

Gorgeous calendar pages, You have definitely captured an autumnal feel here. Thanks for being a part of the challenge. Hope you will still be joining the challenge for october - the link is up!