Friday, 12 October 2012

What's Rocking My World This Friday!

(click the pic to join in)
Pheweeee, 
what a rollercoaster of a week!

I'll be having to dig deep this week
to find the positives.

***
Grant, Luke and Hope,
who have all been so supportive
in what has been a difficult and very
stressful week with the foster kitties,
Joe Cat and Small Cat.

They've helped me get through it
and put up with me weeping regularly :'(

It all came to a head yesterday and, 
unfortunately, we have had to make the 
decision that we can't keep Joe Cat with us.

(Joe Cat)
He is such a dominant boy and his behaviour with 
sweet Rosie Mae was just too aggressive,
and was escalating rather than calming down.

We will keep Small Cat,

(Small Cat)
and hopefully, *fingers crossed*,
another foster family will take Joe tomorrow.
I am sure he will be a lovely boy in a home 
with no other animals.

If you are a regular reader of Fiddlesnips
you will understand how much it broke my 
heart to come to this decision.

The Facebook WW Gals
also held my hand and reassured
me that I wasn't a total failure.
Thanks girls.

*
Rosie Mae
who has been an absolute star this week.
She's so sweet and happily accepted the cats 
into her home.  It's a shame Joe Cat couldn't 
see that and just calm down.

Rosie has earned herself 
lots of cuddles and treats.

*
I won a beautiful handmade necklace.


held a giveaway on her blog.

 I was lucky and won this necklace, 
made by Linda :)

The beads are gorgeous and I love the
colours and knotted cords.

*
Homeland
(series 2)


The new series started this week and 
we've been sucked straight back in.
The drama has hit the ground running
and we're loving it!

*
Another tv programme,
In the past I haven't been a huge fan of 
Paul O'Grady

(Paul and Carmine)
but I think he's been fantastic in this.
His love of dogs shines through
and Hope and I have really enjoyed
watching it (even though it has made us
cry with both sadness and joy).

Last one of the series next week.

*
I'm looking forward to going to the
Sketchbook Project
tomorrow with Grant.
I'm going to be briefly reunited with my
and see how it has survived it's US tour.
I'm also hoping to see
She won't be able to get up to the Project
(it's only open for very limited hours)
so I've promised her I'll try and find it and 
give it a stroke and her love.
I hope to see some other sketchbooks too.
I'll take photos if I'm allowed to.

***
I think it's time for a cup of tea now, don't you?
I'll leave this post's link with Virginia
and then I'll put the kettle on.

Thank you for dropping by and for leaving 
a comment. I really enjoy reading them all.

XXX

28 comments:

marigold jam said...

Oh what a shame - I can imgine how hard it must have been for you but let's hope he finds a home where he can be top cat on his own. Poor little chap! Poor you too. Glad you had some positives to counteract the sadness and hope you will have a lovely peaceful weekend.

Eileen said...

Shame Joe Cat couldn't settle with you, but you tried to help him and you did your best. Of course Rosie Mae has to be your priority. Hopefully he will find his forever home soon.
I'm afraid I couldn't watch For the Love of Dogs, I can't bear to see cruelty cases and had to switch off during the very first episode!
Congratulations on winning the necklace, it's lovely, and you deserve it!

Virginia said...

Ah a lovely post (as always), I know you've had a really hard week so to find so many gratefuls is fabulous, I hope you manage to sort out the cat situation and have a fabulous time at the sketchbook project tomorrow! Fingers crossed you will find both yours and Sarah's books.

Hugs as always

Virginia

Jill said...

You've made the right decision, they will all be happier in the end - even you!!

craftattack said...

Sorry you have to give up Joe, but as you say, Rosie Mae shouldn't have to suffer for him! Have a good weekend and enjoy the sketchbook exhibition! Valerie

missy k said...

Sorry to hear your cat fostering didn't work out with Joe....

and congrats on winning such a stunning necklace

Happy Sketchbook hunting!

Karenx

Devon said...

Oh I'm really looking forward to your piccies from tomorrow. I hope you have an amazing time!

Big hugs for you, you couldn't have done any more for Joe and hopefully this other family will be able to take him and spoil him rotten and let him rule the roost while Small cat and Rosie can get on with getting to know each other in a calmer atmosphere :)

Have a lovely week Jo x

Carmen said...

Aargh! Just noticed on another blog that Devvie was signed in so came back to check! That was me up there ^ *mutter, mutter* Signing me out on my own PC!

Monica said...

Poor pussy but there is only so much one can do to help this cat and you helped as much as possible. Little cat will thrive and needs a name. Maybe LCD?
Hugs

Anns Art said...

So sorry you have to send one of the kitties to another home, but that does sound for the best all round. How lucky you were to win such a gorgeous necklace, its such a great colour. At the Sketchbook Project look out for mine!...in the 'This is a Sketchbook' section - ann hyde woolacombe.

menopausalmusing said...

Hey you......... you tried with Joe cat, you tried. Many years ago I chose a cat called Harry in similar circumstances and it was a much shorter journey than I ever imagined having with a cat, but he was L.O.V.E.D in all his six months of naughtiness. I get the feeling that any animal that makes its way to your house is privileged!

Jewels said...

I am so sorry about Joe - it was just not meant to be....and you always have so many positives Jo - especially a wonderful family :)!

BadPenny said...

Sorry about Joe Cat. I know you would have tried so hard. Fingers crossed for him.
Have a wonderful time looking at the sketchbooks - will you wear your lovely new necklace ? i've bought three recently at the C shop & they look lovely hanging on my dressing table together ... must wear them !!!
xx

Printed Material said...

Jo, I may have said before that I am not a cat person as we had 'ratters' brought home from the docks when I was really young to clear the mice so my only memory of them is spitting and clawing. Of course they know and if I visit my friend her cat makes a beeline for me but I am OK with that, I just couldn't look after one myself so I always give a big hand to you when I read your posts because you have a massive heart and such a generous nature. All the other comments have said what I'd say too. That you tried at all says so much about you and your capacity to care and I know you won't be re-fostering Joe Cat lightly but it sounds like the right decision for all concerned. Good luck with it.

trisha too said...

What a shame Mr. Joe just couldn't relax, but you know all cats have their own personalities. So as good as you would have been to him, this just wasn't the right fit for him, right?

Lovely necklace, what a fun win, Joanna!

Oh, yes, please, a cuppa sounds wonderful!

:)

SusieJ said...

I know you tried hard with Joe cat...but as others have said..not the right fit this time and I'm sure Small cat and Rosie-Mae will get on famously.
Gorgeous necklace..photo of you wearing it????
Enjoy your trip to see the sketchbooks..and I really hope you manage to see Sarah's.
Have a fabulous weekend.
Hugs xx

Sam said...

So sorry you have had a stressful week with joe cat, but you know you couldn't have done anymore and you made the right decision ((((hugs))). I love the necklace, its beautiful.
Have a great time at the sketchbook project, i hope you can take some photos and that you find Sarahs book for her x

Kristin said...

You are you are! (Brave enough for blue hair - especially if it's just a streak ;) I KNOW - I felt totally rebellious too ;)
AND I am loving that necklace! So beautiful - and would match your new blue hair??!! xoxoxo

scrappyjen said...

That is a shame but at least you tried ever so hard and I am sure he will find somewhere. Glad you have found positives in a difficult week. The necklace is beautiful. Happy Sunday - I am late this week! jenx

Sabrina said...

I can imagine how hard it would be to make the decision regarding Joe. As the house mum, you have to think about the well being of the family (Rosie Mae) and accept that you can't be all things to everyone. I'm sure the love and experience has had a positive effect on Joe despite the change.

Have fun at sketchbook project!!

scarlett clay said...

That was a tough week, hope you're weekend was much better, can't wait to hear what the sketchbook was like after the tour...I've always loved that whole idea,so cool!

Margaret said...

I'm sorry the fostering didn't work out but I'm sure he'll find a place where everyone is happy.
I'm looking forward to hearing all about your sketchbook journey, imagine how many people have ooed and ahhhed over your work! fab! Mx

Susan T said...

You took on more than most people would Jo, he is just a cat with special needs. Sorry it is such a late comment I am playing catch up this week. I hope things have settled down a bit for you and you will look even more beautiful in your new necklace.xxx

Alix said...

I was sad to think of your stressful week with Joe-Cat - sadly, all the love in the world isn't enough sometimes...Glad you won that lovely necklace to help you keep your chin up (not literally!) and that Paul O'G's programme and Homeland proved a diversion. Hope the stormy waters are now soothed - you did your very best!
x

Terri Neggers said...

So sorry about Joe Cat. I really do understand how you feel and it's tough. You definitely deserve to have won that beautiful necklace.

I'm right there with you on Homeland - so frustrating when each episode ends!

Privet and Holly said...

Oh, I can feel
how your sweet
and kind heart must
have struggled with
the decision to place
Joe Cat in another
foster home....

Bravo for digging down
and finding things to be
grateful for. Some weeks
that can be challenging, for
certain : )

xo Suzanne

Kristin said...

Thank you!!! xoxo

Kath said...

Good old Rosie Mae, She is a sweet dog. I can't imagine bringing cats home here, it's be like an episode of Tom and Jerry!