Thursday, 1 November 2012

Daniel Craig and The Pre-Raphaelites

Not a natural coupling, you might think,
Daniel Craig and The Pre-Raphaelites
BUT between them they wowed 24 hours of my life.

*
was brilliant.
I was hooked
from the opening scene through 
to the beautiful opening credits and
all the way to the very last minute.

(Gratuitous sexy photo of Daniel Craig)
It really is Bond at its best,
(and I think this really is THE best Bond film)
with a nod and a wink to its past -
but this was a much more modern 
(and believable) version.

(photo from official James Bond 007 website)
Stylishly directed by Sam Mendes
and starring, amongst others,
Daniel Craig,
Judi Dench
and the brilliant
Javier Bardem.

GO AND SEE IT!

Next, a linking photo of Hope 
in front of the MI6 building in London,
which is where we were today.

(MI6, safe and sound and in one piece.....!)
After Hope had her teeth braces 
removed this morning
(hurrah!!!!!!!!!)
she and I popped up to London to visit 

(Ophelia by Sir John Everett Millais)
I am a HUGE fan of this style of artwork
so this was an absolute MUST SEE for me!

(Lady Lilith by Dante Gabriel Rossetti)
I L.O.V.E.D. it!

SEVEN huge galleries STUFFED with
drawings, paintings, sculptures and furniture.
I wanted to roll on the floor and scream with
over-excitement  (I didn't though).

(The Scapegoat by William Holman Hunt)
At one point I stood in a gallery and did a 
360 degree turn just taking in all the artwork.
I could hardly believe the number of beautiful 
world famous paintings that were hung
 in that one room.

(Take Your Son, Sir by Ford Maddox Brown)
I've got such happy memories
from the last 24 hours **sigh**.

Thank you for dropping by!

XXX


11 comments:

sugar Creek said...

Wow that last piece of art is to die for! Really just love it!
I would've wanted to roll on the floor with excitement to!! lol!
Thank you for the congrats on my grandson!He is a sweetie for sure! Plus now I can get back to some art!!

Alix said...

I share your enthusiasm for both, but have only seen the film. I thought it was fab - when I woke up next morning my first thought was that I'd like to see it again! Haven't done so far, but just might! I would love the Pre-Raphaelite exhibition. Ever since our day out in London a couple of weeks back my husband has been saying how he'd like us to go up and use the Boris bikes - I'll give him a destination now!
x

Terri Neggers said...

I can't imagine a much better 24 hours! And I can't WAIT to see Skyfall - it doesn't open here til 9th I don't think, but I'll be there the 10th or 11th!

Your senses must still feel full from all that beautiful art.

menopausalmusing said...

Oh my............ that exhibition looks like the stuff of dreams. Re Bond movies, I have never liked them but have commented that this one looks like it might actually be something I would enjoy so we have decided we shall go and see it.
PS: I am reading "The Night Circus" having seen it on your blog. Must also mention how lovely your work is on the previous post. I had, at some time seen a Youtube clip on how to print on paper towel and loved the textured effect. Having said that, I never got round to putting it into action. Another on the "must try" list...............

missy k said...

Sounds like a perfect 24 hours indeed.

Hoping to see the film on Sunday :)

Have a great weekend

Karenx

craftattack said...

Glad yyou had a great time, although it's a pity you didn't roll round and scream - that would have made the news! I am slowly getting better, just wish the flat would tidy itself....Thanks for your moral support. Hugs, Valerie

Monica said...

I love that era because as a child my local museum was loaded with them and they always fired my imagination.

Susan T said...

I now live in a house that is blasted every day by Adele's version of Skyfall - Patrick and his mighty speakers.

Pre Raphaelites YEH Twombly HUH!

SusieJ said...

Oh wow! The Pre-Raphaelites....sounds awesome and I want to go! I too would have loved to see you on the news rolling on the floor and screaming.....:).
"Skyfall".......will wait for it to come on Sky...I still don't like Daniel Craig...now, Pierce Brosnan I bought on DVD!
Have a fab weekend.
Hugs xx

BadPenny said...

Skyfall was pretty damned good wasn't it ?
I'll look up to see how long the pre Raphs are on - I fancy going
xx

Eileen said...

Congrats to Hope on having her braces removed. You have had a terrific 24 hours, The art work is beautiful. I've not seen the film... yet!