Sunday, 18 November 2012

I've Been Tagged!

I've been 'tagged'!
(Photo source)
Penny 'tagged' me
(just like the playground game).
I don't usually join in with these kind of things
but I always enjoy reading other people's, 
so I thought it only fair that, just this once,
I played along too.

First of all I have to tell you 11 things about me;
  1. I was adopted as a baby (and am convinced that I am, in fact, a real Princess).
  2. I can recite Humpty Dumpty in Danish, which I have found to be a useful ice-breaker at parties, although strangely I don't get invited to many parties these days.
  3. I was asked out by the sadly now deceased Adam Faith (being happily married to Grant I declined).
  4. Grant is my second husband, I am his second wife.
  5. I was a Fingerprint Expert with the Metropolitan Police, working at New Scotland Yard.  Happy days :)
  6. I can't bear peanut butter, bleugh!
  7. I had dead straight hair until I was 13, when I had a home perm.  The desired soft wave turned out as a rather extreme afro-style (I cried for a fortnight) and has remained curly ever since.  Hope has also got the same curly hair.  Strange!
  8. I achieved a Bronze Disco Dancing medal at the age of 16, although the judges suggested for development that I should try moving my feet....!
  9. I bite my nails and am very ashamed of my ugly hands.
  10. My first pet was a sweet guinea pig called Pogle.
  11. My first crush was David Cassidy, **sigh**.
I now have to try and answer the questions set by Penny;
  1. What do you want Father Christmas to bring you this year?  Anything off my Amazon wishlist, which is all arty stuff.
  2. If you could swap a day in the life of.... who would it be? A real Princess, I'd like to see if the royal life comes as naturally to me as I think it would.
  3. If you could change your first name, what would you be called?  Persephone (per-SEH-fo-nee), it's ridiculous and I love it!
  4. On a desert island, what would be your item of luxury? My iMac (with superfast Broadband).
  5. If you could be a character in a book, who would you be?  Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice.
  6. If you were casting a new Jane Eyre film, who would be your Mr Rochester?  COLIN FIRTH (excuse me shouting, I always get over excited thinking about Mr Firth).
  7. What can you simply not eat?  The aforementioned peanut butter.
  8. What is your all time romantic scene in a film?  Pretty Woman, Richard Gere chasing after Julia Roberts and climbing up the fire escape despite his extreme fear of heights.  **LOVE**
  9. What is the most memorable thing a teacher ever said to you?  "You've got good child bearing hips."  It's only in hindsight that I realise this was a very weird thing for a male teacher to say to a 16 year old pupil :/
  10. How do you like your eggs in the morning?  Poached, but I'll only eat the yolk, thank you.
I'm now supposed to tag 11 other bloggers but I'm not going to do that (I know you won't mind Penny).  If you want to join in please do and let me know by leaving a comment in the comments box for this post, I'd love to have a read!

XXX

12 comments:

Katie said...

So fun! I love reading tidbits of poeples lives. You crack me up! Great answers!

Eileen said...

The eleven things about you are very interesting especially about the perm.
My hair is dead straight and I would love to have curly hair. My perms were never permanent! Come to think of it I could have sued under the trades descriptions act :-)

Gina said...

I don't usually do tags either but I always think they make fascinating reading... and my answer to no. 6 would also be Colin Firth (who else?) and no. 8 also a Richard Gere moment.. but carrying Debra Winger out in the last scene from an Officer and a Gentleman.

missy k said...

Well that was fun!!!!

We could all start calling you Persephone if you prefer?

Ahh Pretty Woman one of my all time favourite films :)

Nice start to the day...... but now I have to get out of my pjamas and get another coat of paint on that cupboard!!!!

Have a Happy Monday!

Karenxxxx

BadPenny said...

That was such fun so thank you for playing Tag ! My perms never lasted & ended with that half crinkly half straight bad look. That's weird about yours but I love your hair & a diamond tiara would sit nicely on it Princess Persephone !

SusieJ said...

Princess Persephone...I love it!
Interesting facts about you...esp. the hair...:)
Disappointed there's no mention of DAVID TENNANT!!! See, I can shout as loud as you!..lol
"Pretty Woman" is one of my favourite films too.
Hugs xx
p.s. I'd have loved to be a fingerprint expert.....OK, I watch too much CSI...

Jane Housham said...

Wow, your 11 things were truly fascinating. Thank you for those. My hair's gone a bit curly recently which I also find quite mysterious.

Susan T said...

I think you should contact the company who made the perm, after all they could advertise "When we say permanent we mean it!" I think that only ever happens to real Princesses anyway, so it must be true. I will practice curtsying so when we do eventually meet I shall be prepared. I think Persephone would suit you, a wonderful name for an artist Persephone Urbani, so exotic. You need more cats and lots of long scarves for the look.

Monica said...

Interesting answers. i too was adopted. I am a second wife, a vast improvement on his # 1! Also hate peanut butter, even the smell.

Terri Corona said...

David Cassidy...sigh...he's so dreamy... (well, he was anyway!)

I loved learning more about you!

Sabrina said...

I'm so glad you did get tagged, because I love learning all this about you. Some of the things I might have guessed (definitely royal blood runs through your veins) but I never would have gone to fingerprint expert! I'm surprised you haven't worked some reference to this into your art yet. We match on several matters, primarily David Cassidy, Colin Firth, Pride and Prejudice and guinea pigs. I however can tolerate peanut butter!

Thanks for sharing!

Carmen said...

I love peanut butter! Spread thick on hot toast (though with no marg/butter underneath) and sprinkled with salt! Om nom nom nom!

Much as I love my name anyway I always had a fondness for Josephine. I thought it sounded very romantic and could well imagine one of the ladies in the Pre-Raphaelite paintings being called that. Can you imagine us out and about? Persephone and Josephine :D

Another ashamed nail biter here. Tried everything to stop.

Love these posts :)