Sunday, 23 December 2012

New Year arting plans (and the vagabond machine)

I'm getting my art plans sorted out for 2013
and thought I'd share them here just in 
case you wanted to take a look too.

I read about the first one on 
Karen Isaacson's blog I am Rushmore
(have you dropped by there?  You really
should, she cracks me up with her humour
and her artwork is BRILLIANT).
Anyway, I digress.
I've just signed up for 
Musings on Realities
International Mixed Media
Postcard Swap Version 3.0.


I'm going to make 10 mixed media postcards
and send them to 10 people taking part worldwide.
I'll get 10 back in return :)
Click HERE for details but don't hang around 
because you've got to sign up by 
January 11th 2013 to take part
(postcards to be sent out by February 8th).

*
Next I followed up a comment by Susi
 another artist taking part in Fall Fearless and Fly,
who mentioned the 
monthly art journey journal challenge.

Art-Journal-Journey

Click the picture above for details.

*
As I've mentioned before I'm also signed up 
for the year long creative challenge at
The Creative Underground.


Click HERE for details of all
the classes offered there.

*
Next, the mysterious Vagabond Machine.
This is not, as has been suggested, a sci-fi-esque
Tardis-like machine (thanks Lesley!), but merely
a cutting and embossing machine.

(source)
I got a 'bee in my bonnet' a couple of years ago 
about this smart (for 'smart' read 'expensive') thing, 
but actually rarely use it.  I simply don't understand 
how it works and so it kinda scares me.  
However, once in a while 
I drag it out and marvel at its magic.
Btw, my stickers fell off so mine doesn't look
as beautiful as Tim Holtz's :(

The dies are really rather expensive

(I liked this sewing one so much I bought it twice, doh!)
so I'm a little bit limited with how I can use it.
Anyway, I hope that has cleared up
'The Mystery of The Vagabond Machine'
(how very Agatha Christie!).

*
Back tomorrow with a 
GORGEOUS Prayer Flag
made and sent to me by Jan Smith 
for our Prayer Flag Swap
(I guess I'd better finish the one 
I'm making for her then....?!).

XXX


9 comments:

Monica said...

Busy year planned. And the creative underground does not permit moseying around you have to join. Interesting die that you bought. I bought Tattered floral and love it as it makes super flowers.

menopausalmusing said...

That sounds like quite some toy.............

Looking forward to seeing more of your creativity next year. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Eileen said...

It's a vintage suitcase :-)

Wishing a Merry Christmas to you and your family, Rosie Mae and Small Cat.

Eileen and Annie xx

Virginia said...

Oh I'm liking the look of that art journal challenge, once a month - sounds like something I could actually manage!

giggled at the story about your vagabond machine!

BadPenny said...

The machine thingy at the Stampin' Up do looked like a lasagne maker !

missy k said...

Good luck with your projects for 2013 ..... they all sound really interesting.

.... The Mystery of the Vagabond Machine... sounds like an Enid Blyton story!!!!

Learn how to use it!!!! Have fun!!!!

Love to you all

Karenx

SusieJ said...

Ooh, what fun!! I'm looking forward to seeing your fabulous art work!!
Hugs xx
p.s. I'm going to email you re the vagabond!

Karen Isaacson said...

well good gravy, you've made me blush.
you've got some wonderful art plans for the new year. I'll be here admiring on a regular basis!

Printed Material said...

I see you're still up for a challenge! Might throw one your way in Jan/Feb. Will let you know closer to the time. In the meantime you've got lots to get on with I think!