Wednesday, 23 January 2013

International Mixed Media Postcard Swap 3.0


Shannon Ganshorn,
arranged another
and I signed up to take part.
The participants have to make 10 mixed media
postcards to be sent to the addresses provided
by Shannon.  Most of mine are going to the USA, 
but I'm also sending to Canada and one to the UK.

So this is what I did.......

(this symphony of scent, whispering a memory of her)
The postcards consist of many layers of acrylic paint,
charcoal pencil, gesso (black and white), watercolour 
pencil, dry letter transfers, tissue printed image, 
(mad) machine stitching and black netting.  
I made up the little 'poem' to go on it.
All the postcards are very similar, although I 
used the images of three styles of perfume 
bottle (thank you, Graphics Fairy!)

(All ten postcards, ready to go)
They have to be sent out by February 8th but 
I'll be putting mine in the post tomorrow.
This was lots of fun to do, and I have already 
received my first postcard back.
When I've received them all (hopefully there
will be ten), I'll show them to you.

XXX

20 comments:

sparklinggnome.com said...

jo, these are so amazing! I'm soooo in love. All the beautiful color and texture, so so wonderful! <3 Lovely work!!

WillieburgScrapper said...

These are absolutely stunning Jo!! I love the highly graphic black and white base with hints of yellow and pink- that color palette has been so inspiring to me and you blended it perfectly here!!! I'm pinning this- I really love it- who ever receives these is lucky indeed!!!

JansArtyJunk said...

These are absolutely gorgeous Jo..loving the colour combo, image and stitching...your mail-art is always awesome!! :)

Virginia said...

Utterly gorgeous Jo - wish I was a recipient!

craftattack said...

Schöne Karten! Meine sind auch fertig und gehemn bald auf Reisen! Valerie

BadPenny said...

oooh Divine - love the perfume bottle & colour sceme. Sweet to think of these winging their way across the pond !

Katie said...

So cool! Those are going to be lucky recipients!

Karen Isaacson said...

fabulous cards! I haven't finished mine yet. I'm still in a bit of a mail funk.

Monica said...

You really caught the essence of the image. grrrreat work.

Having server problems AGAIN

Lisa Bowlin said...

Wow these are beautiful!!! I love that black!!

Eileen said...

They are lovely, I'm sure the recipients will love them too.
I had a look at the Graphics Fairy, what a wonderful site!

Susan T said...

I think Chanel are missing a trick Jo, they should have consulted you for their new add campaign, much better than Brad Pit's burblings. Love the striking colours.

Carmen said...

Glorious. I love your techniques Jo and I love these poems you are coming up with. More please! You should do a book of them for yourself!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

This is AMAZING! what a fabulous piece and this so often! WONDERFUL!

Terri Corona said...

I love them Joanna, the colors, the perfume bottles, the layers, yummy. And sewing - I love the look of sewing on paper art, but I don't have a machine so I'm always envious. Your lucky recipients will be thrilled...

scrappyjen said...

They look great... are you coming to my virtual birthday party too? The more the merrier! jenx

Gina Gao said...

These are so cool! Congrats to all of the recipients.

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Jo Murray said...

A really beautiful selection of mixed media cards Joanna.

scarlett clay said...

Ooh wow, I love the pairing of these words you chose and the image, it's gorgeous and intriquing!

queenb2u said...

Gorgeous, intriquing,beautiful. And I was lucky enough to find this postcard in my mailbox. I'm thrilled. Thank you to Shannon for putting my name in as your swap buddy. I always check out your work on Jewels' blog and drool. Now I have a piece of your art for my own. Very cool. Thanks, again. Hugs. Beth