Saturday, 19 January 2013

Postcard+Mail Art Swap 'Woolgathering'


Jewels
my regular swap buddy, and I arranged 
another Postcard and Mail Art Swap.
She came up with the brilliant theme of
'Woolgathering'.
Hands up who knew what  woolgathering means?
No, it doesn't involve sheep.
Nor shepherds.
Nor knitting.

What it IS, however, is to 
engage in fanciful daydreaming!

This is the postcard I sent Jewels.

(fanciful daydreaming)
The background is paper 'patchworked',
gessoed, with some gesso removed 
with tape.  The shimmery
colours are provided by Twinkling H20's.

I loved the dreamy expression on the chap's 
face, along with his rather fanciful moustache!

(Mail Art -'Take Me To Julie')
The Mail Art envelope was created in 
much the same way as the postcard, 
only this time I used the image of a
fellow deep in thought, willing himself to 
be taken to Julie.
 It worked!  
Julie emailed today to say that she had
received it, safe and sound :)

Jewels' interpretation of this theme is 
in the post to me, and I'm really 
looking forward to receiving it.
In the meantime, I've got some 
woolgathering to get on with, 
so bye for now!

XXX

14 comments:

Monica said...

Delightful swap.

Monica said...

Delightful swap.

Lenna Young Andrews said...

Love following what you two have been up to! As par for the course Jo, lovely postcard & envelope!

craftattack said...

Great card Jo! Valerie

Eileen said...

I'll have to try to remember that phrase when I'm "miles away" :-)
I wonder what the origin of the phrase was.
Fascinating swap you have and you've made a great card.

missy k said...

Great postcards Jo

Love the cloud for the address!

Karen x

BadPenny said...

I do like a spot of wool gathering myself !
Super dreamy card & envelope

Jewels said...

I LOVE my woolgathering mail! You did a great job Jo....

Susan T said...

Oh that is what I do all the time is it. I am glad there is an official name for it, wool gathering sounds so much more purposeful than 'away with the fairies'Your chap looks a bit like my GG Grandad, he used to sport a moustache like that. I am glad fashions have changed!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

this is fantastic mail art!

Katie said...

Those are great. I love the meaning! Never would have guessed that!

Carmen said...

Love seeing your swaps. The addresses are as much a work of art as the art itself. Woolgathering... I'm champion at that :-)

SusieJ said...

Hand up here!!! I'm an expert in woolgathering..:)
Love both the card and the envelope - great work!
Hugs xx

Terri Corona said...

I love your postcard and envelope - I think pictures from that period are so fun - men's fashion has just gone straight downhill since then!