Sunday, 10 February 2013

Artists In Blogland Postcard Swap - Outgoing

Marcia Beckett,
organised a 3 for 3 postcard swap
and, finally, mine are ready to be sent out
(the final postal date is 14th February).
These have to be original pieces of art,
not prints, and the theme and medium
are the artist's choice.


I used the same owl image from
The Graphics Fairy, (printing it onto 
tissue paper) and made three 
similar postcards.


The background is collaged paper 
gessoed, acrylic paint, watercolour 
pencils, and dry transfer letters. 


 I hand stitched around the owls
and chose lines of text from a children's 
story book (Mrs Pepperpot, do you remember 
her or am I showing my age?!).

I'll pop them in the post tomorrow
(two are flying off to the USA, 
while the other is going to Latvia).
I have already received one of the postcards
being sent to me, and when I've received the 
other two I'll show them to you.

I think a lot of us around the world
 are suffering with the
winter weather at the moment - 
so please wrap up warm and keep safe.

Those of you in sunnier climates, 
LUCKY YOU!

XXX

14 comments:

Jewels said...

Jo these are great - love how they turned out (even the hand sewing LOL)...J

Monica said...

3 for 3 is fabulous. I just had a swap that was only three so simple, no angst. love your concept and your stitching round the owl.

Sarah said...

these are FANTASTIC Jo, love the stitching

sorry to hear about your aborted Tate visit, hope you get to see the exhibition next time

craftattack said...

Nice cards! Valerie

BadPenny said...

Printing onto tissue paper sounds fiddly !
I love the stitching and has reminded me of those picture cards with holes for stitching we did as children.
Lovely swap.

missy k said...

Lovely work Jo ....

The stitching is fun.

I used to love Mrs Pepperpot!

It's snowing (lots) this morning ... think I will change my plans for this afternoon and stay home :)

Thank goodness for central heating!

Karen x

Lenna Young Andrews said...

Yes, I am one of the lucky ones, so I am sending you some Florida sunshine right now!! You know you are welcome to visit and get some in person anytime : ))) would love that!!! great mail art Jo. I hope to be making a fraction of the mail art you make soon, that would make me very happy! I am getting some shelves installed in my studio/office and will have things unboxed and within reach soon, yay!

Karen Isaacson said...

love, love, love that stitching

froebelsternchen Susi said...

fabulous postcards! I love owls!!!

Sam said...

These are beautiful Jo! I love the hand stitching around the owls, and Yes, I remember Mrs Pepperpot!

hula-la said...

Hello, I am in the postcard swap, and making my way through the list of participants. Love your work! I am now a follower. Hope you'll hop over and visit me, too!

Aloha from Vicki...in the midst of winter in the Northeast United States

Virginia said...

Oh they are gorgeous Jo, love the muted tones!

Zafaran said...

Hi!
I love your postcard! Such a lovely owl and the words, color are so soothing.

Morag Archer said...

Hi Joanna, LoVe your owls and your greatblog! great to find you through the postcard swap....small sweet cat is adorable. :)