Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Belated Birthday Wishes

It was my friend Bad Penny's
birthday last week
(on Valentines Day).
Her blog is called 'The Hen House',
although her hens have now sadly gone :(

It was a big birthday.
One with an '0'.
But that's all I'm saying.
Maybe you could pop over and wish
her a happy '0' birthday, and hang
around a while for a cup of tea and a slice of cake
(although I think all the birthday cake has gone).
I know she'll be pleased you dropped by.


(the birthday cake)
This was the card I sent her.

Don't you just love the look on
that young girl's face as she gazes
at her 'Sindy Doll' cake?!

XXX

8 comments:

Monica said...

Is that the British answer to Barby? Not quite as glamourous or shapely.

Eileen said...

Must be lovely to have a birthday on Valentines Day.
I had an "0" birthday just over three months ago, the day was lovely.
I love virtual cake mmmm :-)

craftattack said...

Lovely card, and what a great cake! Valerie

Karen Isaacson said...

I love that anyone with those glasses and that hair automatically looks to be about 70 years old...
but why would grandma want a doll cake?
I can't tell if the grandma-girl is enthralled or repelled by her cake. could go either way.

BadPenny said...

Jo what a lovely surprise ! I love your lady's glasses - my mum had some just the same !
My cards are still up & being enjoyed.
Thank you for the mention over here - I have had some visitors from your Blog but no cake left to offer ! xx

sugar Creek said...

WEll I hope she has a wonderful "0" birthday!! Love your card and yes her face!

JansArtyJunk said...

Wonderful card Jo...I Just love the images that you use in your creations...and poor 'ol Sindy drowning in birthday caKe LOL ;) Jan x

Terri Corona said...

Fantastic card - that picture is priceless! Memories came rushing back, I think I had a cake similar to that, with a Barbie in in...