Monday, 11 February 2013

Prayer Flag Swap

Jan from Jan's Arty Junk and I
(Creative Swaps) last year, and as Jan was
keen to increase her collection of flags 
she did a 'shout out' on her blog for swaps.

I jumped at the chance to swap with her 
and we arranged to meet for a coffee 
and swap just before Christmas. 
But everything got kinda busy and 
the pre-Christmas get together had 
to be postponed.  Finally, Jan sent me her 
BEAUTIFUL flag in the post.

(Bloom - photo lifted from Jan's blog)
Isn't 'Bloom' gorgeous? 
 Jan is the 'Queen of shabby' 
- I love those flowers, the colours, the lace 
and the stitching. It's all so pretty.
I've pinched the photo from Jan's blog because 
the weather here is so dull I can't get a 
decent picture (and hers is a great picture).

Now, Jan had to wait rather a long time for 
my flag (I procrastinated somewhat......)
and she was very sweet about it, 
but I eventually put it in the post and 
I know she has now received it :)

(Relax)
I cut up an old denim skirt, otherwise 
destined for the clothing recycling bin.
I enjoyed 'doodling' with my needle 
and added buttons, trims and
the message to 'relax'.

Thank you for swapping, Jan
(and thank you for being so patient!).

XXX

11 comments:

Netty said...

both beautiful swops

Terri Corona said...

wow you got a great one, I'm a sucker for shabby chic. And love your denim one - there's just something about hand stitching that adds so much.

Sam said...

I love these!! The shabby one is lovely but I adore your denim one with the hand stitched doodled flowers! I have just spent ages pinning loads of prayer flags on pinterest for inspiration for the prayer flag swap over at Collabor-ART! x

Used-to-Bees said...

I am very impressed with your stitch-y doodles - the denim is perfect for the theme 'relax'. Going to have a look at more prayer flags now.
x

BadPenny said...

Both are lovely. What a delightful swap.
I love your stitching Jo - reminds me of embellishing jeans in the
70's x

missy k said...

Wonderful prayer flags....

Jan's is so pretty! She is the Queen of Shabby for sure!

Your denim one is really cute. I adore the stitching.

We used to do embroidery at junior school and learnt all kinds of lovely stitches. (If only I could remember them!) It was such fun.

Karen x

Monica said...

What a delightful swap for you both. They are very pretty.

Virginia said...

Oh they are both fabulous I love the upcycled element JO!

Monica said...

What a delightful swap for you both. They are very pretty.

misty said...

This is beautiful Jo! I love the colors and the fact that its from an actual skirt!

JansArtyJunk said...

I know I have already sent you an email....but I was so happy with our swap Jo....So a big Thank you again!! x x