Sunday, 17 February 2013

Use Your Words - ART

Another journal page created for
Carolyn Dube's FREE online workshop,

(ART)
As I made this page, which is 12" x 8",
it got a lot messier than I originally planned
(spray inks do have a habit of doing their own 
thing when I'm in control of the nozzle!).
The journaling in the background is about
what art means to me and why I enjoy doing it.
As the page got dribblier and splotchier 
(real words?!), it got me thinking about how 
life doesn't always go as planned.  
It isn't black and white with straight
lines leading from one life event to the next.
With this in mind, I wrote around the outside,

"Art is like life, it can get messy
but it's fun!"

XXX

15 comments:

craftattack said...

Nice piece, Jo, love the colours and the scribbled backgrounds. Spray bottles always live a life of their own; my kitchen can testify to that! Valerie

Monica said...

AND you only come around once. we are a long time dead, so enjoy,

sugar Creek said...

Verrrryyy Niiiice!! I love drips and messes! Not so much in life though lol! xx

Eileen said...

It looks great.
Very true about life not going as planned,. I don't make many plans now,just go with the flow!

Miss Marple said...

I love your page! Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog!
Have a great start in the new week! - Irma

Lenna Young Andrews said...

Great job! I love the playfulness of this!

Linda said...

this is fantastic Joanna-I love the way your letters are all dancing around the page!! I've been watching the vids-even ordered the stencils but I need to catch up art-wise :)

Sabrina said...

Wow! Her workshop is really speaking to you. You've always been good with the word, I love seeing your perfect prose with this new application. Brill!

firstnightdesign said...

Love it! Dribblier and splotchier: if they're not words, they should be!

BadPenny said...

Yes your words are dancing - glad you are having fun and getting a bit messy !

Virginia said...

Oh Jo that is a fabulous page!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful page!

JansArtyJunk said...

ooooh I love a bit of messy art...very nice!! x

JansArtyJunk said...

ooooh I love a bit of messy art...very nice!! x

Terri Corona said...

So true! I love messiness on a page, love yours with the drips and sprays, and writing in the background - but I do find it a challenge to not fight messiness in my life!