Sunday, 12 May 2013

Liberate Your Art Postcard Swap 2013


has now finished,
with all of the postcards being sent
out by the lovely Kat and received 
by the participants.

These are the ones I sent.....


I am so happy to have received a gorgeous
and varied selection of postcards in return.....

(Karen Walker)
This photo is of the benches at
 the Pentagon Memorial,
and Karen has added the sentiment,
"Lest we forget...."
*
(anonymous)
This superb image is sadly unsigned, 
and has the sentiment,
"The present moment is filled with joy
and happiness.  If you are attentive, you
will see it." - Thich Nial Hohn.
*
Andrea added the sentiment by Shing Xiong,
"In the end, it is not going to matter
how many breaths you took, but how 
many moments took your breath away."
*
(Maria)
Maria has added a quote 
by Robert Motherwell,
"Art is much less important than life, 
but what a poor life without it."
*

(unsigned)
As well as the quote by Heinrich Heine
on the front of the postcard, on the
reverse there is a 
quote by Twyla Tharp,
"Art is the only way to run away 
without leaving home."
*
(Kat Sloma - swap Queen!)
Kat has named this piece,
"Adorned and Alone."
*
Kat has put together a video of
the postcards sent out this year,
what an amazing variety of artwork!


I really enjoyed taking part in this swap.
Many many thanks to Kat for organising it.

She liberated 1290 pieces of art,
by 216 artists,
from 11 countries.

PHEW!!!

***

29 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

You got some lovely cards, too! Valerie

BadPenny said...

Wow there are some incredible images here - lovely slide show.

Monica said...

Wonderful postcards.

Jewels said...

That is soooooo cool Jo - love what you got in return! J

carm said...

Amazing Art…

M said...

I adore the nostalgic look of your cards! Wish I would've gotten one! The rusty bike postcard is my favorite of the ones you received.

Karen said...

This swap is so much fun! I'm always glad to see where my postcards end up. Thanks for sharing.

Jo Murray said...

Great postcards...lotsa fun.

The Mann Fam said...

Nice post. The swap was such fun and now seeing and reading how and where the art was received is a treat. I love the bicycle postcard. I hope the creator of this card will let you know who they are during the hop.

Michele Matucheski said...

Great set of cards you received. This has been a fun swap--what a great way to connect with other creatives! Thanks for participating.

maccandace said...

I love your collage! And the cards you received are all beautiful!

maccandace said...

I love your collage! And the cards you received are all beautiful!

Suzette Rothlisberger said...

Hello! I love the card I received from you...the one in the middle of your collage. I also find it interesting that I got a card from Maria, Karen, and Andrea too! I love your work...beautiful each one and so creative. And, in a weird way, I have finally seen one of my postcards here on your blog...it's the static image on Kat's video link. Hooray!

This was the first time I participated in the swap...I'll do a few things differently next time, but what a great experience this has been. See you next time!

Carola Bartz said...

Lovely cards!!! The Pentagon benches are impressive - I looked up some Google images to see more of them. I love all the cards you received - there is so much talent out there.

slsmyth said...

So much wonderful art -- I'm so glad I decided to participate this year!

Ahayes1225 said...

So happy you got my card. I have been trying to track them down. Thanks!

Sheila Hughes said...

Such a beautiful collection of cards received! I love your piece of art sent out as well! Cheers! See you again next year, Sheila

Kat Sloma said...

And just think, yours was the first envelope to arrive! I remember because I had your lovely postcard sitting alone on my desk for ages before others joined it. Thank you so much for participating!

DianeSchuller.com said...

I love your artwork -- lucky folks who received your cards. This was my first year and I really enjoyed seeing all this great talent.

Sonya Versluys said...

They are all such lovely cards, but for some reason I am really drawn to the bicycles. Love them!

Leanne Barnett said...

Your postcard is lovely & you received some beauties as well. Fun, wasn't it?

Roxi -Coppercurls Designs said...

you got some awesome cards! and yours is gorgeous too! This was fun to see them all and where they've gone.

Terri Corona said...

I really love the ones you sent out especially. Looks like it was a lot of fun.

JansArtyJunk said...

Love your cards Jo...and you got some beauties in return! So glad that you enjoyed it :) x

Prairie Jill said...

So many beautiful cards! I loved doing the swap - this was my first time - and I'm already looking forward to next year's!

Virginia said...

So many beautiful pieces of art Jo - truly inspirational!

twil123123 said...

Great job on blogging the swap. Lovely cards sent and received!!!

Apparition said...

Looks like much fun. Love the cards sent and received!

Sheila said...

I love the cards you created, so lovely! You received a nice batch too:)