Friday, 31 May 2013

What's Rocking My World This Friday!

(click the pic if you want to join in)
Yay!! Go me, posted on a Friday too!

What are the bright moments from
the past week?

***
1
Lunch and catch up with my
friends and work colleagues,
Lyndsey and Margaret.

*
2
Coffee and catch-up with 
my friend Sue.

*
3
A busy week getting the conservatory
(my 'studio') decorated.  Not decorated as 
much as I'd like but that's my own fault
(please refer to 1 and 2 above!).

I will do a 'reveal' when it's ready, 
I promise, Susie 
(don't hold your breath waiting, though!).

4
A happy evening spent with our
friends and neighbours 
(and our lovely builder),
Barry and Susan.

*
5
Grant, always.
Just because.

*
6
Some great charity shop purchases -
I'll photograph them and show them to
you over the next couple of days.

*
7
Daft Rosie Mae,
who was trapped at the top of the 
stairs when The Boss of the House 
(aka Small Cat),
decided to sit half way up the stairs.
The first we knew of it was a pathetic
whimpering coming from Rosie.
I had to pick up Small Cat before
Rosie would risk passing.  She was
overjoyed at being released, bless her!
Small Cat looked very smug.

*
8
The FB:WW girls.
You know why.

*
9
which we're watching on iplayer.
Gillian 'X File's Anderson plays a 
police officer, and the serial murderer 
is played by Jamie Dornan,


who, in real life, happens to have 
previously been an underwear model.


Just saying.
In case you decide to watch it, he 
takes his clothes off quite a bit and
I'd hate you to spill your coffee or something.

Anyway, it's also a very good thriller ;)

*
10
Brief moments of sunshine -
they've made all the difference and
have brought a smile to everyone.

XXX

I'll post the link for this post with our 
Rocking Queen, Virginia,
who is there for us every week, come rain, 
come shine, come hell or highwater.
Thank you, Virginia!

Have a great weekend, everyone.


14 comments:

Terri Corona said...

Gillian Anderson and an underwear model - how do I not know about this?? ( I was such an X-Files geek...) Thanks for the tip!

And poor Rosie Mae - I can just picture it!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What a good week you've had!! And I think that any week that includes Jamie Dornan makes it even better!! :-)

BadPenny said...

Ha Ha!
"brief moments of sunshine" followed those bright briefs !

Now I'm singing Halfway up the stairs (or is it halfway down the stairs ?)which Kermit the frog sang on the muppet show - I think it got into the charts ! Poor Rosie Mae !

Virginia said...

Fab post as always, giggled at you having to rescue Rosie Mae - bless her and Small Cat - what's she like!

Missed that TV series meant to tape it but brain like a sieve at the moment.

Still can't wait to see the studio - got us all excited you have.

Hubbies - awesome people - fact

Thanks for being there this week on the WW group Jo you've all been absolute stars.

I hope your weekend and week ahead is as positive and beautiful

loves you

SusieJ said...

A lovely half-term week Jo...:)
Poor Rosie Mae....naughty Small Cat...lol!
Looking forward to seeing your charity shop finds..
Have a great weekend Jo.
Hugs xx

SusieJ said...

p.. Forgot to thank you for the gratuitous hottie!! Made my day...and I'm annoyed that I missed this series..xx

Eileen said...

You'll get there with the decorating,
it can't be all work and no play :-)
Poor Rosie Mae!
As for the underwear model...
ooh err missus :-)

Natasha said...

So now I have to go find out about 'The Fall'! A great week of connection. Loved reading your list and I laughed at Rosie Mae. We have the exact same situation here. Our boss of the house does it on purpose and leaves both the dogs cowering and shaking. Even chases them off their blankets just by sitting near them and staring. We end up having to move him on! :)

Gina said...

Oh Boy! Number 9 certainly perked me up this evening!!!

missy k said...

Lots of 'happies' :)

Karen x

Carmen said...

Laughing at number 9. You slobbery lot can keep him. My crush of the moment is Jim Caviezel in Person of Interest. Well, Craig has a man crush on the fella that plays Finch so I feel justified ;)

Poor Rosie Mae. Mind you I think Cooper would be the same. Daft mutts.

Hope you have an a good week this week - how many days is it now?

Suzy said...

Sounds like a good week. You did make me laugh with the tale of the cats, my two are like that too

Kristin said...

Haha! Just saying . . . :)))
LOVE #5 though. SO happy to have you at the SOC - wouldn't be the same without you friend! xoxo

JansArtyJunk said...

Awww poor Rosie Mae....
Thanks for the eye candy...may just have to search out this 'The Fall' ;)
...and looking forward to seeing pics of your charity treasure finds Jo!
Have a great week!