Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Swapping with Sharon

Sharon Walworth from USA
(who doesn't have a blog. Yet!)
and I recently swapped postcards and
accompanying Mail Art with the theme of
'Gelli Print'.

Now, I don't need much of an excuse 
to get my Gelli Plate out, so this was 
great fun for me.

This is the postcard I made using a 
colour combo of pink and orange 
that I really like.....


...Gelli print, 
black gel pen (too harsh), 
white gel pen (to calm
down the black gel pen), 
and computer generated 
'dymo' font for the sentiment.

This is the accompanying Mail Art......


....onto which I rubber stamped and doodled. 
 I used the same 'dymo' font 
for Sharon's address.

*
Sharon's brand new Gelli Plate was brought
out of its pristine packaging especially for
this swap and, I think she would agree, she
was rather nervous before getting started.
However, she really shouldn't have been!

Look at this beauty....

(Postcard on top of the accompanying Mail Art)
She chose a great colour combo, 
which is very unusual.
I think you may be able to tell that 
Sharon's first passion is fabric; 
I love all the stitching, textures, layers 
and the super composition. 

(back)
The back is as interesting as the front,
and Sharon's label made me smile because
mine was sent out late too!  Thankfully, we're
both very laid back about deadlines or 
the swaps between us wouldn't work.

Sharon always comes up with 
superb themes for our swaps.
The next one we've planned is great fun; 
I'm at the thinking stage with it but I'll be 
starting very soon..........

XXX


13 comments:

Tan Kingston said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous mail art on display here, Jo!! Gelli Plate? My goodness, I can't believe this has passed me by. Can't believe how beautiful and versatile it is. To think all the messy times and the aching arm of rolling the press in printmaking class. I'm now following the blog!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

I know sharon's work very well from swaps I've hosted and she always does the most wonderful stuff. Loved seeing what both of you did!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

I know sharon's work very well from swaps I've hosted and she always does the most wonderful stuff. Loved seeing what both of you did!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

I know sharon's work very well from swaps I've hosted and she always does the most wonderful stuff. Loved seeing what both of you did!

Monica said...

Very interesting. i refuse to get into gelli prints as I have enough backgrounds for another after life!

missy k said...

Great stuff!

Ksren x

Sharon W. said...

thanks for featuring the card! I took a workshop with Jodi Ohl at Art is You in October, and now feel in control of that plate! Like you, I am beginning to start to plan to commence to undertake preliminary thinking about the next swap.....hehehehe!

Diane D. said...

Beautiful swap. I know Sharon's work and it is always superb!!

Terri Corona said...

Wow, they were both worth waiting for. Love the quote you used.

Virginia said...

Wow both gorgeous Jo, glad your friend managed to crack open the gelli plate and also loving that font - where did you get that?

Linda said...

wonderful mail art and postcards! It's always fun to swap and share.

BadPenny said...

Both have lovely colour schemes. I love your lettering - very nostalgic. Great swap x

Carmen said...

Both are wonderful. I love that Dymo font - I used it on a very old scrapbook page about my Dad and you've just reminded me that I didn't re-download it after formatting my PC!

I love seeing your swaps - they are always so different.