Monday, 4 November 2013

We {heart} Mail Art Swap

Me, Lenna and Jewels
- the We {heart} Mail Art group -
recently swapped Postcards and Mail Art
with the theme of Vintage Gluebook.

We 'met' when taking part in the 
Vintage Gluebook online class a 
few years ago, and have been firm arting 
and life buddies ever since.

I really enjoyed the Vintage Gluebook class
(and Collage Coterie, which she ran afterwards)
(both sadly now retired by Mary Green),
and it was enjoyable looking back through
the books.

For this swap, I did this 
Mail Art for Lenna....


Using a page torn from a 
Brooke Bond tea card book.

(Long Eared Owl)
First postcard, which I 'disallowed'
 because I couldn't help but add gesso and ink, 
so it became not 'truly' gluebook!

(Painted Lady - referring to the butterfly, of course)
Second postcard :)
*
For Jewels......


similar Mail Art.....

(Barn Owl)
Again, I naughtily added gesso and ink so 
this isn't Gluebook, strictly speaking :/ 

(Brown Hairstreak - a type of butterfly - or Mr Tanktop himself?!)
Second postcard :) 

***
Jewels Mail Art to me is so cute....


I love that little Pixie stamp.  
The rose paper is vellum,
which gave the postman a sneaky peek
of the postcard within. 


And what a brilliant postcard!  
For inspiration, Jewels used a postcard 
that she bought years ago 
when she was in the UK;
a wonderful image of 2 ladies 
'of a certain age' 
at a car boot fair.  


She included a fab vintage beer advert 
for me, thank you Jewels!

*
From Lenna came this super Mail Art...

(front)
Loads of rubber stamping, including some
stamps that Lenna designed herself!

(back)
And this is Lenna's lovely postcard...


I LOVE it!

Lenna also included a packet of ephemera, 
patterned papers and goodies.
Thank you, Lenna!

*
I always enjoy swapping with 
Lenna and Jewels.

'Til the next time, girls!

XXX


7 comments:

BadPenny said...

So lovely to see your swaps again Jo; you are all so creative x

missy k said...

Great swaps Jo :)

Karen x

Terri Corona said...

Ooh, love them all, what fun!

Virginia said...

Oh they are all fabulous Jo aren't they!

Monica said...

Although I check Bloglovin everyday, it did not have your post of several others. Days like this i feel the world or may be the digi world is under cyber attack and from funny little Martians busily reading and running off with post arriving on my now multiple devices all of which manage to leave me in a dither.

loved the post cards and reading your blog so much more personal than FB.

Linda said...

Love all the wonderful exchange art!! The glue book pieces are fantastic!

Carmen said...

Oh! These make me think of when I was little and cutting up things for my scrapbook. How I wish I had kept them. (And also the reason my girls are snaffled away before they get the chance to bin them!)

Loved this one!