Monday, 2 December 2013

Advent Cards - and so it begins


With a stinking cold that refuses to depart
and a developing nasty habit of slouching 
motionless on the sofa in front of the tv 
every night, I was stunned by the 
realisation that yesterday was 
December 1st.
 ALREADY!

In a bid to kick start my creativity and
to slow down the weeks leading up to
Christmas,  I have pledged to myself that I
will create a tabbed card every day  
for the period of Advent.

I will usually be posting them 
a day late, as I will be
creating the card on the actual day
and posting the following day.

(December 1st, Hope)
So this is my first card,
created for yesterday,
the first day of Advent.

The traditional Advent Wreath has
5 candles and a candle is lit on each
Sunday in Advent - representing
Hope
Peace
Love 
Joy
and the Birth of Christ.

I chose this stamp for my 'Hope' card
because the angel reminds me of 
my Hope, with her mop of curly hair :)

So how are YOUR 
Christmas preparations
coming along?

Got the tree up yet?!

XXX

ps, this made me laugh,
which category do you fall into?!






15 comments:

marigold jam said...

Definitely the second type!! Love your card and do hope you will feel better soon.

Used-to-Bees said...

I foolishly mentioned the tree last night when Ellen was still in the midst of homework and then regretted it because she SO wanted to do it (she is chief tree decorator here!) but couldn't! I don't feel remotely Christmassy yet but want to! Maybe a trip to a Christmas Market will help?
x

Eileen said...

Have a hot toddy while you're curled up in front of the TV, and I hope you feel better soon.
Husband is putting up our tree while I'm sitting here reading blogs :-)

BadPenny said...

Oh poor you - I hope you are better soon Jo.
No decks up apart from some candles & the lucky dip present I decided to keep for myself ( on my Blog - couldn't part with it )

You have to get better for Thursday
my friend xx

BadPenny said...

PS super start to your advent cards x

missy k said...

Oh poor you. Hope you are better soon.

I am the elf!!!! Although this year we will be getting our tree really late (for us). I just can't believe how quickly the days are going.

Gorgeous advent index card :)

Karen x

SusieJ said...

Love your tabbed card!
Definitely in the second category....
Hugs xx

Carmen said...

The first picture is Devon and the second is me standing next to her :D :D

What a good idea! I asked my BIL what to get my sis - expecting him to recommend me a book or something... no, something made? What? What? Aaaargh! I need to start early next year!

Terri Corona said...

I'm definitely Buddy from Elf! I love your idea, and I love your first card - is that paper that looks like a knitted sweater fabric? Cause if so, that's genius.

My house is all decorated except for the tree which goes up tonight - Christmas season will officially be in full swing. I hope you feel better soon so you can fully enjoy yours.

Virginia said...

Oh that's a beautiful post Jo, loving the card and what a fabulous idea. We have our trees up (all four of them) LOL I think you can tell which group I belong to!

Gráinne said...

Oh wow, what a great and unusual card. Gorgeous! Suzanne

Monica said...

The only part of christmas I participate in is cooking, love the food and here we have many cultures and many types of food.

Printed Material said...

I think I'm a cross between the two extremes Jo, although possibly veering towards the grumpier one. Sorry about the cold but it hasn't stopped the creative flow as those tabbed cards sound a fab idea and the first is beautiful.You know me and stamps - I love them - so anything stamp related has to be a winner.

Tan Kingston said...

Ooooh! I am loving this Jo. It looks fab!! Can't wait for tomorrow! You see, there are some benefits to having a bad cold - staying indoors, gallons of hot tea and arty times galore! Tx p.s do hope its easing though!

Sabrina said...

Catching up a bit on posts of the past. So glad you have the perseverance to take on an advent project after "it has begun". I myself am not so brave. I will however, follow your madness with much interest and glee!