Saturday, 11 January 2014

Busy busy busy

My new organisational regime for 2014
is, so far, successful.

I am like a whirling dervish in the mornings 
and afternoons, with a strict timetable to
adhere to - and then I go crazy mad with
my Life Book and Soul Food arting :)

(Life Book - Positive Affirmation for 2014)
Life Book, Lesson 2, was with
Micki Wilde,
and was a journal page with our own
positive affirmation for 2014.
I decided that I will be the
Queen of Time.
Al the bubbles represent the units of time
floating away, lost forever, if I don't 
take control of them.

(Soul Food - sketching with pens)
Soul Food, Lesson 2, was with
Gwenn Seemel
and was all about sketching with pens.
No pencils.  No rubbers (erasers).
Yikes!!  
I am surgically attached to my rubber.  
This was a really interesting
(and difficult) exercise,  and I learnt to make
sure and meaningful marks on the paper without
the safety net of being able to rub them out.

(Soul Food - Layer Cake)
Soul Food Lesson 3
was with Cathy Bluteau
and she made a beautiful cake
out of scrapbook papers, beads
and ribbons.
I started to make one too but, you know, 
it was too perfect, 
too straight, 
too pretty.
Anyone who knows my cooking knows 
that I could never ever produce 
anything like that!

So I started again.
Wonky, 
slightly grubby 
and 
lots of it.
Much more like the cakes that 
emerge from my kitchen!

Grant likens my cooking to that of 
Ria from Butterflies,
which is, I think, a little harsh.
(Do you remember this programme?
I loved it!).


Although I did forget to put the milk in a 
pudding this week which made it 
a rather unusual dish.
  
I made sure they ate it all up.

Anyway, back to my layer cake -
I used patterned tissue paper for the cake
layers rather than scrapbook paper.

I am so enjoying both classes,
although I'm getting into a right old
muddle with the next Soul Food lesson.
I haven't got the right sized paper
so I'm having to scale everything down -
it's making my brain tickle :/

Thank you for looking!

XXX


12 comments:

Tan Kingston said...

Love this post Jo! You are doing so well! And proving to be such an inspiration with your time managing. I have visions of your whizzing around the house leaving a trail of burning rubber! ... 'Brain tickling' - wonderful! As for Butterflies, yep, I remember it well. It was compulsive viewing in our house - my golly, such a happy blast from the past - thanks for the memory! And, for bringing Russell back into my life… (sigh)

Jewels said...

You are going great guns Jo! Leslie S told me she is using a spreadsheet to keep all her art projects and due dates organized! Oh my - between the two of you I feel rather unorganized lol...The cake "takes it" for me - just love it...

SusieJ said...

ROFL....I remember "Butterflies" well....and Ria's cooking....I'm sure yours is nowhere near as bad!!
Loving your artwork...you seem to be really enjoying the classes.
Hugs xx

missy k said...

Your 'Queen of Time' title made me smile :)

Good luck with it!

Your owl is really sweet, this was such a fun lesson...

How funny I made my cake wonky too. Great minds ...... Of course mine is not quite finished yet!!!

Karen x

Privet and Holly said...

You are SO talented and
I love how much fun you
have with your art!!!

I think I'll hunt for my own
tiara and become a Queen
of Time, as well, because
the older I get, the more
precious those bubbles
become : ) Thanks for the
inspiring image and for
beautiful YOU!

xo Suzanne

Kristin said...

Haha! I love it - AND your wonky cake! Both classes sound wonderful - and I was just telling Missy K that I have yet to sign up for LB - but I'm going to do so ASAP - I am missing out! Thank you for this beautiful inspiration!
Oh, and I love your journal pages - no pencil or eraser would make my head spin too :) xoxo

Kristin said...

Haha! I love it - AND your wonky cake! Both classes sound wonderful - and I was just telling Missy K that I have yet to sign up for LB - but I'm going to do so ASAP - I am missing out! Thank you for this beautiful inspiration!
Oh, and I love your journal pages - no pencil or eraser would make my head spin too :) xoxo

Eileen said...

I remember Butterflies too. I have to agree with the forget the recipe book and throw it all together style. Much more satisfying when things turn out well.
Love that cake! Well done to sticking to your organisation.

BadPenny said...

Ria was always so sad in Butterflies. I love your cake Jo. Good luck with your time keeping !

Terri Corona said...

I'm so impressed! I've instigated a search for my motivation, but it's nowhere to be found yet. And there you are the Queen of Time - I bow to you. I love your cake - so much great color and texture and character - perfection is boring. And I know what you mean about drawing in ink - very stress inducing but I make myself do it occasionally, then go back to my pencil with great relief.

Linda said...

Fantastic pages Joanna-wow!!! LOVE the cake :) Your owl came out so beautifully(I know how you feel about the rubber-I'm very attached to mine too). And I love how your "bubbles" are represented on your time page!

Carmen said...

A brain tickle - that made me chuckle. Rather that than a *ahem* brain parp.

I love what you are producing Jo and I love that our words/goals are so similar this year. I am going to hold on to the thought of time bubbles floating away forever!