Saturday, 25 January 2014

Paper Weaving Under The Sea

The next lesson at Soul Food
 was with
Jeanette House 
and involved.........
ink spraying,
acrylic painting,
paper cutting,
stencil using,
paper weaving,
bit of stitching
and
teeny-tiny beading.

(Under the Sea)
The finished piece is postcard sized
and is mounted on a large sheet of
watercolour paper.
I chose to do mine with an oceanic 
theme, and really enjoyed it :)

It isn't too late to join in with all the
creative fun at Soul Food.
Click on the Soul Food button on my
right hand side bar for information.

XXX

9 comments:

Virginia said...

Oh Jo that's beautiful, haven't done the paper weaving for a while if I'm honest, loving the colours on this!

SusieJ said...

Loving the colours Jo...it looks gorgeous.
Hugs xx

BadPenny said...

Wonderful rich colours & a lot of fun to make I bet x

Monica said...

Problem with posting from ipad on comments. Once i make a correction it hangs up and the print is mini if I enlarge the page to legible size it will not correct. Enough to pissoff the pope
Monica

Terri Corona said...

Wow, that is gorgeous!

JansArtyJunk said...

This looks amazing JO x

Carmen said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jo! I so love that you went your own way on the theme. Mine - still not woven together but going to do that today, will not look as gorge as yours!

Got SEbastian in my head now... Undah da SEA!

Karen Isaacson said...

so lovely! is that stitched to the larger sheet of paper? at first I thought the threads were loose, but on closer inspection I think they hold your weaving in place.

Linda said...

oh my gosh- this is awesome-LOVE it!!! and the beach colors and theme is the icing on the cake.Well done Joanna!